Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a program to keep track of jobs.

Options
  • 17-02-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi.

I am trying to create a simple document, that automatically updates as days change to keep track of current jobs my staff are working on.
    I am hoping to use excel or access to create a file that we can input information, customer, the date their project is due to be completed and any other info we feel necessary, that changes as the due date comes closer.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

So a central database for everyone to update?
    Excel is probably just about ok but it can clash if someone opens/locks it and heads off to lunch (ask me how I know :o)

Have a look at free Addbook phone app

Or www.freecrm.com

I haven't used either, my company is on a really expensive CRM system already.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbuk

Thanks for that biko. i'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You could use an online/cloud shared document ie office 365 or Google docs/calendar.

Personally I'd use access.

Shared calendars in outlook/exchange is another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbuk

that's what i initially thought. i wouldn't be the most confident on access.
    what should i be searching for in tutorials ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Google calendar is completely cloud based and works on all smartphones and browsers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

bobbuk wrote: »
    that's what i initially thought. i wouldn't be the most confident on access.
    what should i be searching for in tutorials ?

TBH if you're not a access person already , maybe something like google/office 365 would suit better.

I'm a old fuddy duddy I don't like giving Google info, or them having the power to cut me off from my data if they don't like my user name, or similar.

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2013/04/22/dumped-by-google/

So if you do go that route, and its data you can't afford to lose, then have a local backup aswell. I In this case you can synch the google calendar to a phone, or PC for offline access.

Advertisement