Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card refund and Bank

Options
  • 17-02-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

While making a purchase last Friday A Retailler made a mistake and charged me €356.99 instead of €35.69. He noticed his mistake and cancelled the transaction a minute later.

I looked at my bank account online and the bank have reserved €356.99 against my balance. How long does it take to get a refund . Its really annoying as the retailer showed me his batched upload which showed clearly the debit and credit in the same batch.

Whatever Company he is using to process debit payments appears to delay uploading refunds otherwise I wouldn't have this charge over my account.

Anyone know if there is a timelimit for procedssing refunds . Its a bit rich in these days of autmated transactions that errors that are corrected in the shop don't cancel immediately in your bank account

Any one had this issue before ?

Dak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

It's usually 3-5 working days, it's never put back into your account straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Got the refund this morning! Still think it a bit of a whiz !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I completely agree its crap buy 24h was very fast, hope you weren't hit with charges for going into the red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

LuckilyI didn't go overdrawn so no charges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Shop should have voided the transaction rather than sale then refund.

If it was voided it would not have appeared on your account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement