Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre.

Options
  • 17-02-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi.

My village just became efibre elligible. 
    I tried my number but got the "efibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled." message.

I then tried some of the numbers of houses near me, some were elligible some weren't. So I'm wondering whether I'm connected direct to the exchange or not.

Is there anyway you could check? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi.

My village just became efibre elligible. 
    I tried my number but got the "efibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled." message.

I then tried some of the numbers of houses near me, some were elligible some weren't. So I'm wondering whether I'm connected direct to the exchange or not.

Is there anyway you could check? 

Thanks
    Can you PM your number yomamasflavour? I can have a look into this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Pm sent.

Hi Tony.

Any update? 

I've tried every number for all the houses/businesses within relative proximity to the enabled cabinet, yet only about 5-10 seem to qualify.

When a cabinet goes live, is every line connected to the splitter cabinet automatically eligible for vdsl? Or is it a case of an engineer having to manually move lines 1 by 1 from the splitter cabinet to the vdsl cabinet?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

Hi yomamasflavour

I have looked into this for you and double checked your telephone number for eFibre and although your area is eFibre enabled your home is not yet , as different address within the exchanges are been upgraded at different times. However works to cabinets will be ongoing so feel free to check with us in a couple of months and we may have more information for you then. 

Ash

Hi yomamasflavour

I have looked into this for you and double checked your telephone number for eFibre and although your area is eFibre enabled your home is not yet , as different address within the exchanges are been upgraded at different times. However works to cabinets will be ongoing so feel free to check with us in a couple of months and we may have more information for you then. 

Ash
    In my locality there's just one road leading from our house back to the exchange ( has eircom ducting along the length of it) the enabled cabinet is at the side of this road, so I'm assume that my line runs right past this cabinet.

I previously had two telephone lines in my home, and have since cancelled one.
    Would it be possible to have my 2nd line reconnected to the cabinet?

Or would it be possible to pay for an enginner to come out and reconnect my line to the cab?

• Advertisement

Or would it be possible to pay for an enginner to come out and reconnect my line to the cab?

Any chance of a response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi yomamasflavour

It's not possible to request a lines connection to a certain cabinet and I'm sorry to say that this option is not available. There is nothing we can do to speed up the possible availability of efibre to your line and as advised different addresses will be connected at different times.

At present the best information we can offer you is that works are set to continue in your area over the coming months and if you would to check back with us for an update in late April early May hopefully we will have better news for you then.

Thanks

Al

Ok thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok thanks
    No worries yomamasflavour

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement