Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay renting or buy?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!

I am in my 20's and self employed for the last 2 years. I am making about €25,000 profit which is increasing every year. I have never had a loan or been behind in credit card payments and I am very good at saving, I have over €30,000 saved. I also have no dependents. I am at a point where I am deciding should I invest my money into buying somewhere or continue renting. I could:

-Buy a place to live with business premises as well
    -Buy a business premises and continue renting a place to live in
    -Stay as I am renting both house and workplace

Owning somewhere has the extra costs of maintenance, insurance, household charge etc....but then your money is lost on rent.

Any advice on mortgages for personal and business use or any other opinions would be appreciated. I have not looked seriously into what I could borrow but there are some places at the moment that I could afford.

If anyone has any advice about this I would appreciate it!

Thanks,

Sarah M

Advertisement