Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to watch this Saturdays Rugby game

Options
  • 17-02-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone suggest some decent places out near Twickenham, Richmond, St Margarets to watch the rugby this Sat?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I hear Twickenham rugby ground is a good shout. 80,000 people, the game happening in front of you...

Being serious, i always go to the Turks Head in St Margarets around matches. Only gets busy for about an hour before kick off and then its perfect for when the game's on. AVOID the Cabbage Patch beside Twickenham Station. Can't move in there on England days.

Orange tree in Richmond is good too but again gets busy

• Registered Users Posts: 15 howisshecuttin

Thanks for suggestions and more importantly suggestions of where to avoid....

I'd have to find £500 down the back of the sofa before I could even think about your first suggestion!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

If you're watching it beside Twickenham station get out of there asap at the final whistle or else you're facing a miserable queue of an hour or more for a train.

I would avoid the area altogether and watch it in town. Transport in and around Twickenham on match days is one giant cluster fck tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15 howisshecuttin

Thanks Bladerunner...that's the thing with London it's hard to know where to go for the big events....so used to just staying around Donnybrook, Ballsbridge etc when at Lansdowne Rd [refuse to use the A word!]. You know you'll bump into someone or even everyone eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

London's a big place - Just go into town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement