Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpc for truck licence

Options
  • 17-02-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've done 3 cpc courses since they started but I missed module 4 last year I've recently passed artic test so I'm looking for employment in that area I've loads of experience in rigid driving multi drop and long haul but very little experience in artic driving, so to boost my chances of employment I plan to have last two cpc done in the next month or so my query is , is there a problem with getting cpc card having missed mod 4 last year.
    Also would it be worth going for ADR licence how much does it cost and is there much work out there for same

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No, you can play catch up , i done 3 and 4 last year will do 5 this year, instructor said thats fine as long as you have done 5 in 5 years.
    As for work for artic work,not much out there, maybe runs to UK if you don't mind that, a couple of months back a artic job,runs to UK, on FAS site pay E500 week, don't seem to be good pay in driving anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Prim05

Yeah money not great wouldn't mind runs to uk and that only if money was bit better , I've heard money is great on fuel trucks to airports you need ADR licence though no idea how much that costs to get

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Prim05

Yeah money not great wouldn't mind runs to uk and that only if money was bit better , I've heard money is great on fuel trucks to airports you need ADR licence though no idea how much that costs to get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭donkey balls

The money for tanker work used to be good within the oil industry but over the last year few years it has taken a drop,About two year ago I got a call from a company asking me if I would be interested in doing some work for them.
    When they told me the wage would be about €10/11 an hour with no OT shift allowance etc I laughed at them,Since then some companies have actually brought in a fixed hourly rate of pay with no OT/shift pay bank holiday pay.
    Also the majority of these companies require you to have a number of years experience driving at least an artic some want tanker experience,As for the ADR licence it can cost anything from €700/1000 including exam fees.

Advertisement