Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hicks of Dún Laoghaire Closed ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

So who's going to say what's really going on here???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Ok my bad. Had seen them in Eurospar Dalkey. Never in Supervalu. Not a Dunnes shopper..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They were a successful business for more than 80 years. In the last 10 years or so, they went from a local retail unit to a major supplier for SuperValu, Dunnes, Eurospar etc . They were making money in a time of major recession and now it looks like the only people doing well out of this are the lawyers.

Shame

S.

There's a big difference between making money and expanding. While expanding they could have been borrowing and investing heavily thus making losses

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

The Liquidator for Hicks of Dun Laoghaire is back in the High court on Monday 7th July, it seems there are allegations that the Statement of Affairs was not in order. I wonder if the papers will report on the details.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Liquidator for Hicks of Dun Laoghaire is back in the High court on Monday 7th July, it seems there are allegations that the Statement of Affairs was not in order. I wonder if the papers will report on the details.

Can't see that getting much coverage, it hardly counts as 'news' given the ongoing shennanigans in the courts with the Quinn family, Sean Dunne, David Drumm etc. etc.

Former Anglo CEO forgot to include asset transfers when filing for bankruptcy

• Advertisement
Advertisement