Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get job in Software Engineering/Development for Graduate

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

NeoSD5 wrote: »
    That's really good point and answer, thank you! Will do something that you wrote, I think its very good

no problem, if you don't get anything drop me a PM if you want I can direct you/help you with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

What you have to do is show that you're really interested in the industry. If you get the chance, teach - it's a great way to illustrate you know what you're talking about (volunteer at your local CoderDojo or help some silver surfers). Try joining an opensource project - there are loads and they're alweays looking for help. Basically put your geek hat on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 interestedman

Overflow wrote: »
    Move to Scandinavia :)

Interesting you should say that, I would advise looking in this region too, even with little experience. I am going out there next Monday for 2 or 3 weeks software work.... Apparently it is very difficult for them to find people from Ireland who will go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

I imagine you would be fairly far behind most graduates with the Ordinary (3 Yr) Degree, as in my experience most students do the Hons (4 Yr) Degree.

The Ordinary lvl degree can be ok but generally it needs to be coupled with a at least a year or more experience.
    I see you are applying for Jobsbridge roles though so may be more likely to hire someone with an Ordinary lvl degree.

Best of luck with the hunt OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I got a Job before finishing my 4th year.
    I would advice you to code a lot ad contribute to the community. Try out different technologies followed by focusing on one. Portfolio would also go a long way and try come out with something unique. In addition read other peoples codes seriously read them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement