Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation issues, please help

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,
    I ordered etalk, efibre advanced broadband and evision on the 8th of January. I was advised someone would get onto me shortly regarding installation of the line. I received the direct debit mandate three days later and received a call that there would be a delay in getting the line installed but should be installed at latest by the 22nd of January and would be rang with an appointment in due time. That was fine with me. The man came on Saturday the 18th of January however the only notice I received was him calling me at 9am that morning saying he was on his way. Luckily I was off and I didn’t mind as long as the line would be installed. He spent the whole day installing the line (called the POS I think) and had a senior technician come to check his work because it was his first time doing one. I was told it was all working perfectly and I was happy out, the fact that I had had no warning and gave up my day was forgotten. I was told eircom would ring to arrange a further appointment for the final broadband install.

From there it has descended into mayhem. I heard nothing from Eircom so decided to call up for an appointment, I was told someone would call back. I received a call on the morning of the 5th of Feb to tell me that the technician was coming to install the broadband on the evening of the 7th of Feb. That suited me perfectly as I was already scheduled off work that day. Then I received a call from another girl the same day giving me an appointment of the morning (stated as 9am to 1 pm) on the 11th of Feb. When I told her about the first appointment she knew nothing of it but advised me to keep the 11th Feb appointment just in case and she would call Friday evening to check if he came. She was right, the man didn’t come on the Friday even though I was at the house all day (however surprise, surprise, no call to check). I took the Tuesday off in order to be there for the tech. Although it was a morning appointment he didn’t arrive til half three, again I understand these things can be hindered by delays etc. He tried his best but apparently the first guy didn’t install the line right in the first place meaning he couldn’t install the broadband or tv box. He advised me to ring eircom the next day to tell them of the issues and have it escalated.

So again I rang up eircom told them the technician had issues and that the installation wasn’t complete. The man was very helpful and said he would send the issues to the escalation team who rang me back on Friday the 14th of Feb to say they had passed on my number to the contractors (not the technicians who I was told was a different thing) and they would call me asap. Still no word from them, I know it’s only two days later but at this stage I’m getting pretty annoyed. I tend to be easy-going (things go wrong) but I’ve missed out on a day of work, given up one of my few days off and wasted several hours ringing eircom to find out what’s happening and have absolutely zip to show for it and possibly will have to take more days off when someone eventually decides to get this installation sorted. Even if I got an explanation of exactly what’s going wrong and an approximate resolution time I’d be satisfied but currently I’m completely in the dark waiting around for someone who may or may not call.

Just wondering can any of the reps on here find out exactly whats happening with my order and by what time I can expect to have the services I signed up for in good faith. It’s over a month later now, its getting a bit ridiculous. If not, how do I go about cancelling my order as when I signed up I never imagined I would be messed around like this. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tinz18 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I ordered etalk, efibre advanced broadband and evision on the 8th of January. I was advised someone would get onto me shortly regarding installation of the line. I received the direct debit mandate three days later and received a call that there would be a delay in getting the line installed but should be installed at latest by the 22nd of January and would be rang with an appointment in due time. That was fine with me. The man came on Saturday the 18th of January however the only notice I received was him calling me at 9am that morning saying he was on his way. Luckily I was off and I didn’t mind as long as the line would be installed. He spent the whole day installing the line (called the POS I think) and had a senior technician come to check his work because it was his first time doing one. I was told it was all working perfectly and I was happy out, the fact that I had had no warning and gave up my day was forgotten. I was told eircom would ring to arrange a further appointment for the final broadband install.

From there it has descended into mayhem. I heard nothing from Eircom so decided to call up for an appointment, I was told someone would call back. I received a call on the morning of the 5th of Feb to tell me that the technician was coming to install the broadband on the evening of the 7th of Feb. That suited me perfectly as I was already scheduled off work that day. Then I received a call from another girl the same day giving me an appointment of the morning (stated as 9am to 1 pm) on the 11th of Feb. When I told her about the first appointment she knew nothing of it but advised me to keep the 11th Feb appointment just in case and she would call Friday evening to check if he came. She was right, the man didn’t come on the Friday even though I was at the house all day (however surprise, surprise, no call to check). I took the Tuesday off in order to be there for the tech. Although it was a morning appointment he didn’t arrive til half three, again I understand these things can be hindered by delays etc. He tried his best but apparently the first guy didn’t install the line right in the first place meaning he couldn’t install the broadband or tv box. He advised me to ring eircom the next day to tell them of the issues and have it escalated.

So again I rang up eircom told them the technician had issues and that the installation wasn’t complete. The man was very helpful and said he would send the issues to the escalation team who rang me back on Friday the 14th of Feb to say they had passed on my number to the contractors (not the technicians who I was told was a different thing) and they would call me asap. Still no word from them, I know it’s only two days later but at this stage I’m getting pretty annoyed. I tend to be easy-going (things go wrong) but I’ve missed out on a day of work, given up one of my few days off and wasted several hours ringing eircom to find out what’s happening and have absolutely zip to show for it and possibly will have to take more days off when someone eventually decides to get this installation sorted. Even if I got an explanation of exactly what’s going wrong and an approximate resolution time I’d be satisfied but currently I’m completely in the dark waiting around for someone who may or may not call.

Just wondering can any of the reps on here find out exactly whats happening with my order and by what time I can expect to have the services I signed up for in good faith. It’s over a month later now, its getting a bit ridiculous. If not, how do I go about cancelling my order as when I signed up I never imagined I would be messed around like this. 
    Hi tinz18

I'm very sorry to hear of this, I can understand the dissappointment this can cause and I apologise for this.

Please PM me your landline number and account number and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Thanks Alan. Sent it there.

Thanks Alan. Sent it there.

Thanks tinz18

I have looked in to this further and I can confirm that there is Damage on the line (externally).

This needs to be repaired before the broadband can be installed. I have requested more information on this from efibre operations and they have confirmed that the issue is logged to repairs. Due to the recent storms response times for repairs are delayed due to the high levels of issues created.

I have explained that you have had to take time off work and have requested urgency with this however at present I have no timeframe to offer you yet. As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan, 
    In the case that Eircom doesn't get around to repairing this fault in the near future (i.e. the next few weeks up to a month) can you advise me whether I'm still allowed to cancel my contract without incurring early cancellation fees since we haven't actually had any services activated at our house? I'm just asking in case that becomes an eventuality. 

Thanks Alan, 
    In the case that Eircom doesn't get around to repairing this fault in the near future (i.e. the next few weeks up to a month) can you advise me whether I'm still allowed to cancel my contract without incurring early cancellation fees since we haven't actually had any services activated at our house? I'm just asking in case that becomes an eventuality. 
    Hi tinz18

I'm not too sure on that right now but I will certainly find out for you. I have already requested urgency on this and to be honest I do not see this becoming an eventuality. I'll keep you updated Tinz.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan, 
    Since I haven't heard anything since has any progress been made on this and have you gotten around to seeing where I stand if it comes down to cancelling?

Regards,
    Tinz

Hi Alan, 
    Since I haven't heard anything since has any progress been made on this and have you gotten around to seeing where I stand if it comes down to cancelling?

Regards,
    Tinz
    Hi tinz18

efibre operations have yet to get back to me in relation to the issue on your line preventing this installation. I have been advised that you may cancel this however I would highly advise leaving this with me to chase up on and hopefully I will have news for you soon.

Thanks

Al

Okay Alan, please keep me updated. I'm getting more and more anxious though as the longer this goes on the more likely it'll be pushed into the weeks that I'll be away for business in March and April. I can't believe how long this is taking. 

Okay Alan, please keep me updated. I'm getting more and more anxious though as the longer this goes on the more likely it'll be pushed into the weeks that I'll be away for business in March and April. I can't believe how long this is taking. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks tinz18

Really don't think I'll have more news on this until July but if I'll keep my eyes peeled

Al[/font]

Thanks tinz18

Really don't think I'll have more news on this until July but if I'll keep my eyes peeled

Al
    Until July? Really? Okay I was willing to wait three/four weeks but July is just crazy- why did the people tell me I'd be up and running in three weeks or that when I signed up if that was the case?

• Advertisement

Thanks tinz18

Al
    Until July? Really? Okay I was willing to wait three/four weeks but July is just crazy- why did the people tell me I'd be up and running in three weeks or that when I signed up if that was the case?
    Hi tinz18

The above message was not intended for you - apologies.

I'm still awaiting more information on your case so bear with me :)

Al

Okay that makes more sense. I was wondering... just lodged another call into the eFibre team with Tammy but just in case can you keep me updated too in the hopes we get this mess sorted. 

Okay that makes more sense. I was wondering... just lodged another call into the eFibre team with Tammy but just in case can you keep me updated too in the hopes we get this mess sorted. 

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thank you tinz18

Apologies for the unnecessary confusion.

Al[/font]

Hi alan. Yet again no sign of the promised follow up callback yesterday which is annoying. Any progress on this. Its over two weeks with the escalation team and it seems nothing has been done.

Anyone? Is there a reason there's no reps about???? 

Hi alan. Yet again no sign of the promised follow up callback yesterday which is annoying. Any progress on this. Its over two weeks with the escalation team and it seems nothing has been done.

Hi tinz18

I'm very sorry to hear this, I have not been available to get back to posts over the past few days and unfortunately I do not have any further news on this for you. I will chase this up for you and hopefully have more information soon.

Thanks

Al

Thanks alan. Any progress on it or any indication of when I can expect someone to tell me what's going on. Whatever about you not replying which is okay but I find it bad business to promise to callback and then not follow up on that promise. Its not the first time either and everytime I ring up I've to explain my issues again before I find myself bounced around. 

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Thanks alan. Any progress on it or any indication of when I can expect someone to tell me what's going on. Whatever about you not replying which is okay but I find it bad business to promise to callback and then not follow up on that promise. Its not the first time either and everytime I ring up I've to explain my issues again before I find myself bounced around. 
    Whatever about the other (many) problems with eircom, this is the most frustrating part. It's so common-place that it has to be either an explicit policy or an accepted part of dealing with customer queries - "if you don't have an answer, tell them someone will call them back. When they don't get a call-back and they phone in again, at least someone else will take the call".

Hi tinz18

I'm sorry I gave the impression that I would call you. I had advised in my previous posts that I would follow this up and get back to you as soon as I had more information, I still have no further information but I will actively chase this up and hope to have something soon.

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭cathalomurchu

Im in the same position as you. Been waiting weeks for installation and customer service has been pretty bad in fairness. There's no reason I shouldn't just cancel my order for the second time and get vodafone fibre, its cheaper and supposedly I'm guaranteed the same speeds. This really is a joke. I understand there's delays because of the storms but they were almost a month ago.

• Advertisement

Im in the same position as you. Been waiting weeks for installation and customer service has been pretty bad in fairness. There's no reason I shouldn't just cancel my order for the second time and get vodafone fibre, its cheaper and supposedly I'm guaranteed the same speeds. This really is a joke. I understand there's delays because of the storms but they were almost a month ago.
    Yeah my issue is we'll still have to deal with Eircom because if there's a fault in our outside line as I'm being told, then going with Sky/Magnet?vodafone etc they'll still be a no go as they still need Eircom to fix the line.... Its beyond frustrating. Our tv contract was cancelled as I was told it would be installed by mid/late-february at the latest. Same story with my internet dongle. Which leaves us with no tv, no internet and no clear idea of when we'll get either. 

It says on the terms and conditions that if eircom fails to connect the service within ten working days of agreeing to do so then we're entitled to claim two months credit. 

Alan could you advise me if thats right? I understand there's probably an exclusion clause about storms but as the storms were over 20 working days ago so that can't be an excuse. Also Alan I didn't expect you to call me, but I did expect Tamsin from the efibre to ring me back as she said she would. I just want someone to tell me outright when the service will be installed at the very latest.... the amount of times I've rang up, being told its escalated and would get a callback by the end of the week is ridiculous considering I havent got a callback...I'm pretty sure lying to the customer isn't the best reputation that eircom wants to garner. 

So just off the phone to a very helpful eFibre team person named Stuart who's after confirming the fault is fixed and made an appointment for installation on the 20th March (which was apparently confirmed). Lets hope this works out...

PS: If you don't mind can you confirm this appointment was made Alan? I don't want to take yet another day off without knowing he'll actually be there.

So just off the phone to a very helpful eFibre team person named Stuart who's after confirming the fault is fixed and made an appointment for installation on the 20th March (which was apparently confirmed). Lets hope this works out...

PS: If you don't mind can you confirm this appointment was made Alan? I don't want to take yet another day off without knowing he'll actually be there.
    Hi tinz18

Yes I can see notes to this effect, I'll keep my eye on this one for you but hopefully there will not be any further issues.

Thanks

Al

Thanks alan. Today's the day will let you know when and if it goes ahead. Slightly dubious given that I didn't receive a text like the last time someone actually came out.

So rang up Eircom because something seemed screwy. Glad I trusted my instinct because it turns out that even though yourself and Stuart in the eFibre confirmed I had an appointment today, there is no appointment (due to a fault at the exchange apparently). 
    Thats the final straw, I've cancelled the order with Lynn in loyalties since I can't take any more stress and I can safely say I've been turned off Eircom for life. Its the first time I've come across a customer service team that openly lies about appointments (resulting in two days of work taken off that I can't afford to lose- all in vain too which annoys me more than the missed work), that transfers you to death between departments and not to mention the promises of callbacks from the eFibre and escalation teams that never happen. 
    I've been patient with Eircom for two and a half months and they've let me down majorly, enough is enough.

So rang up Eircom because something seemed screwy. Glad I trusted my instinct because it turns out that even though yourself and Stuart in the eFibre confirmed I had an appointment today, there is no appointment (due to a fault at the exchange apparently).
    Thats the final straw, I've cancelled the order with Lynn in loyalties since I can't take any more stress and I can safely say I've been turned off Eircom for life. Its the first time I've come across a customer service team that openly lies about appointments (resulting in two days of work taken off that I can't afford to lose- all in vain too which annoys me more than the missed work), that transfers you to death between departments and not to mention the promises of callbacks from the eFibre and escalation teams that never happen.
    I've been patient with Eircom for two and a half months and they've let me down majorly, enough is enough.

Hi tinz18

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear this and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. I understand your feelings towards this and your decision to cease this order.

I will make sure to pass your feedback to operations

Al

Advertisement