Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant in Kinsale

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi!

Just wondering can anyone recommend a really nice restaurant in Kinsale, I am going away with my boyfriend and am looking for something special and romantic. I don't mind paying that bit more.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

The blue haven is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭Markcheese

One word, fishy fishy ... Okay that's 2 but hey ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Fishy fishy! Jam packed is the only thing.

The bulman, i nearly consider one of the most romantic spots in the country... But it got battered by the storms, so i don't know what condition it is now. Used to be where you could have some yummy food, then a couple of drinks looking out at a fab sunset.

Man friday I like as well. Very well established place, been there decades. Expensive enough, but nice for special occasions.

Max's wine bar is nice too. Bit more casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Fishy, Fishy seems to be the 'in' place to go at the moment and as such can tend to fairly busy.
    Personally I'd prefer the Blue Haven or Man Fridays in particular - actually haven't been there in a few years but always loved the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

When Fishy Fishy gets busy, it's service disintegrates. Was never that impressed with the food either.
    Bulman may be under new management since I was last there, so can't comment.
    Man Fridays is a sure thing. Menu caters for US visiting execs etc so is very middle of the road, but dependable. Staff are great.
    Blue Haven is a hotel and restaurants usually do better. That said, as a one off, the Blue Haven is okay.
    If it was a special occasion, I'd go to Max's every time. Staff are great. The food is sublime. Not sure if its had a make over since I was last there, so I can't speak to décor etc
    Most restaurants in Kinsale are average at best. The town is trading on hype and the rest of the country has caught up.
    Anyhoo. That's my 10c worth :)

PS I have no connection to Max's whatsoever, except as an occasional customer. Forgot my 'name' here was Max! :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Max's are closed for the winter - opening soon!
    Fishy fishy - good but service could be better.
    Blue Haven - good for pub grub but not what you want for a special occasion.
    Bullmam - very nice, great atmosphere when full. If booking ask if/when there is live piano music being played - really adds to the night.
    Crackpots - very good and again super when they have the piano playing during the meal.
    Man Friday - top class for years.

My fav changes with time. At the moment I like crackpots and the Bullman.

Max's are closed for the winter - opening soon!
    Fishy fishy - good but service could be better.
    Blue Haven - good for pub grub but not what you want for a special occasion.
    Bullmam - very nice, great atmosphere when full. If booking ask if/when there is live piano music being played - really adds to the night.
    Crackpots - very good and again super when they have the piano playing during the meal.
    Man Friday - top class for years.

My fav changes with time. At the moment I like crackpots and the Bullman.

Oops. Didn't realise Max's was closed. Thought it was open when I was passing a couple of weeks ago. Must have been wishful thinking on my part :)
    I had an awful meal in Crackpots a good while back, which was a surprise at the time. Maybe it deserves another go.
    Has the Bulman changed hands in the last year or two? My last meals there, one upstairs, one downstairs, were awful.

I had a super meal upstairs in the bullman over the Xmas.
    Crackpots has been top notch for years and I was there last in November.
    Max's is good and I was there before they closed for the winter.

I love Kinsale and it's restaurants. There are plenty to choose from for a good night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ClareP1983

Thanks everyone, the place I booked said the best restaurant in Kinsale was Finns table. No one has mentioned it tho!!

ClareP1983 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, the place I booked said the best restaurant in Kinsale was Finns table. No one has mentioned it tho!!

I've been there.
    Very nice atmosphere.
    Grub not great the night we wer there and they put us near a draughty window.
    4/10 :-(

It has a good rep tho

• Advertisement

ClareP1983 wrote: »

Finns Table? Ooooooh noooooo! :eek:

Only joking! :D

Let us know how you found it. Useful to know, as not been there yet.

Advertisement