Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB & Wages transfers

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m thinking of changing from BoI to PTSB cause the chargesby BoI are ridiculous. I’m justwondering what’s PTSB record like for wages transfers ?? Currently my wages isin my account by 7am on Pay day (and on a Saturday if pay day falls on a Monday)but I’ve heard from people who don’t work with me, that sometimes wages payments don’t appear inPTSB accounts till mid-day on pay day ??

My company bank with BoI and I’ve been a customer of UlsterBank too and never had this problem there … I’m just inquiring before I makethe move cause as good as their switch buddies might be, there’s always someissue !!!

Thanks in advance

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

My employer is with Ulster, I have just switched to PTSB and my pay arrives now sometime mid-morning.

If you are going to switch, open up the account, but don't let the switch buddies transfer all your direct debits. I have had nothing but trouble and am still trying to get it sorted out properly. Spend the morning contacting the companies providing them with your new details and then close your old account when you are 100% sure everything is coming out of new account. Might be a bit more work but at least you know it will be done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

mel.b wrote: »
    My employer is with Ulster, I have just switched to PTSB and my pay arrives now sometime mid-morning.

If you are going to switch, open up the account, but don't let the switch buddies transfer all your direct debits. I have had nothing but trouble and am still trying to get it sorted out properly. Spend the morning contacting the companies providing them with your new details and then close your old account when you are 100% sure everything is coming out of new account. Might be a bit more work but at least you know it will be done properly.

I switched from ulster bank to them a while back. I set up standing orders a day after wages going into my account so there is no delay. I'm getting my wages in around mid day as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My pay used to be in the evening the day before official payday, but since the switch to the new payment system it is a bit delayed - a 10am, maybe 12... Not a big deal really - free banking so can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

Cheers Folks - thanks for the replies ...

I think i'll pop in on Saturday to do the deed ... Going to switch my Credit card too ... I had the low rate one with BoI than they whacked the rates up as high as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jay2014

wonski wrote: »
    My pay used to be in the evening the day before official payday, but since the switch to the new payment system it is a bit delayed - a 10am, maybe 12... Not a big deal really - free banking so can't complain.

Hi sorry for digging up an old thread but I was wondering if this happened to anybody else. I get paid on Fridays and up until sometime in March (or maybe late February) my wages would be in every Thursday evening (the day before the pay date on my slip which was always Friday) sometime after 8:00 p.m. sometimes it would be 9, but always before 10:00 p.m. at the very latest. For the past two months or so this has changed whereby my wages don't arrive until sometime in the middle of the night and are there when I wake up on Friday morning.

It's very annoying as I used to enjoy treating myself to a takeaway or having an online bet on a Thursday evening.

Is this related to SEPA? I know that the other people I worked with who were with different banks would always have to wait until the Friday - it was only myself who was with PTSB who got the wages in early so I don't see why it would be caused by SEPA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'd say so. At least yours were there first thing in the morning...initially mine weren't arriving until mid morning, which when you're used ti them going in on the dot of midnight and balancing out any DD that were also coming out at midnight it was a bit if getting used to. Although it does seem to be getting better...mone were in this morning when i checked at about 7am, however i don't know what time they actually went in.

Advertisement