Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffreys Batterstown

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:50pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have noticed this pub seems to be shut every time I've passed it recently, anyone hear anything? Is it closed temporarily or permanently?

Seems a shame, nice place any time I was in it but a bit quiet, suppose therein lies the problem. It's a blow for the locals though if it is closed for the long term.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Closed for good about 3 weeks ago.
    The usual bank stuff was the reason I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Closed for good about 3 weeks ago.
    The usual bank stuff was the reason I heard.

Ran by a management company for the last year either have a buyer or it was running at a loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Yeah, I heard it went into Receivership! Pity as it's a nice pub.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Pity about that, nice place, had grub in there a few times during the day and always thought it would be lovely for a pint in the evening.

Hopefully someone takes it over sooner or later. The Esso in Kiltale was closed for a while and now seems to be a little goldmine. Just needs someone with a few quid to invest to turn it around I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

PauloMN wrote: »
    Pity about that, nice place, had grub in there a few times during the day and always thought it would be lovely for a pint in the evening.

Hopefully someone takes it over sooner or later. The Esso in Kiltale was closed for a while and now seems to be a little goldmine. Just needs someone with a few quid to invest to turn it around I suppose.

doubt it ....would be a waste of money no one is going out ...if your not in a town forget about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement