Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin to Burn / Shredd a bunch of old utility bills and other paperwork?

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I'm doing a bit of spring cleaning and I've a bunch of old utility bills and other paperwork with personal information on them (like bank statements etc).

I want to get the bills and paperwork destroyed by burning or shredding because they have private information like personal stuff, work details, billing information etc on them.

Is there anywhere around Dublin that I can bring these out to Burn / Shredd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving this to the Dublin forum, as I think you'll get better responses there.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Why not buy a shredder, or are we talking about an industrial amount of paperwork?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9130139/Trail/searchtext%3ESHREDDER.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah a few years worth of bills and reciepts. Just kept them "just in case" but I don't think I ever really needed to go back to them for anything.

Junking a load of them now. They've got addresses and account numbers and stuff so I reckon I should be destroying them. Pretty sure it's against the law to burn them so I was hoping there'd be some company where I can just drop in and securely dispose of them. Like how ye can drop down to the WEEE with recyclable electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

There are shredding companies out there who go to businesses and shred documents for them in their van outside the premises. I often notice them shredding away outside government departments in the Dublin 2 area. I'm not sure that these companies would take on a small job and if they did you could still expect to pay commercial rates, ie. it could work out quite expensive.

The DIY method would be far cheaper, Argos were selling shredders for €20 a while a go, Tesco the same.. It might take you a while depending how many sheets it can handle at a time but at the end of it you'll have only spent 20 or 30 quid and will still own a shredder for future jobs.

Another option is to ask a friend/relation who has a fireplace to burn them for you.
    Your last avenue is to wait till Halloween and dump them on a bonfire somewhere

Advertisement