Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 week ban on soccer forum

Options
  • 17-02-2014 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Kess banned me for 2 weeks from the soccer forum for my 3rd yellow card of the season.
    My final warning was for accusing a poster of been a troll ( it was a kind of tongue in cheek comment but still used the word) and to be honest I didn't know you couldn't say it as stupidly I have never given the charter a proper read. That is my fault I understand that, ye cant hold our hands:)

My other two infractions were for two stupid childish derogatory remarks about managers, I would not repeat those again and quite frankly that is not how I act in any form of life.

I would ask to re-consider my ban as I feel I am a good poster and contribute to the soccer forum. It is my main reason for posting on boards so its not great been without it for 2 weeks especially been the business end of the season and discussion will be huge.

I don't antagonise other posters and I have in no way blatantly broken the rules.

I understand there is a penalty for my crime so to speak so if the ban is upheld that's ok but I would certainly like a mod to reconsider.

Thanks for reading

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi Rob,

Have you asked Kess to reconsider the ban as per the 1st step in the DRP procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi GavRedKing

I did and he wouldn't lift it but he said I could come on here or go to a CMOD directly, Im presuming you are the Cmod for the Soccer forum.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Where a CMod actively mods a forum we try and get another CMod to review disputes arisning in that forum if we can. I'll therefore have a look at this one

Firstly could you clarify whether you are appealing the yellow card for backseat modding, or the resultant ban? If the latter this is your 3rd yellow of the season and a 2 week ban follows automatically under the forum's totting-up process

Beasty wrote: »
    Where a CMod actively mods a forum we try and get another CMod to review disputes arisning in that forum if we can. I'll therefore have a look at this one

Firstly could you clarify whether you are appealing the yellow card for backseat modding, or the resultant ban? If the latter this is your 3rd yellow of the season and a 2 week ban follows automatically under the forum's totting-up process

Hi

Im just looking for another chance in general.
    Did I know you couldn't call someone a troll? Honestly I didn't, but its my fault for not looking at the charter of the forum.

I don't have a dispute as such I understand the penalty that follows for my 3 yellows, I would just like someone to reconsider the ban, as im not a troublesome poster and really enjoy posting on boards. Maybe even shorten the ban?

Thanks

Rob

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's not only against forum rules to call someone a troll, it's against site rules. Essentially it's backseat modding. If you have a problem with a post or poster, report them, and leave the modding to the mods.

Alas I really cannot see any scope for leniency here. The Soccer mods back-up your assertion that you are generally a good poster, but this is your 3rd yellow of the season. That's an automatic 2 week ban and if we applied discretion this Dispute Resolution Forum would be full of appeals from posters falling foul of the Soccer Forum totting-up process. The only way to get the ban overturned would be to get the yellow overturned, but I cannot see any scope for that given the Charter and also site rules.

I would add that this season the threshold for the first ban of a season was raised from 2 yellows to 3 yellows - that's to give posters guilty of only the occasional rule breach additional leeway. The fact you have picked up 3 yellows (and in my view all fully deserved) means you have run out of slack for this season.

Hence I'm upholding the yellow card and resultant ban.

You may of course ask for an Admin to review this decision.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    It's not only against forum rules to call someone a troll, it's against site rules. Essentially it's backseat modding. If you have a problem with a post or poster, report them, and leave the modding to the mods.

Alas I really cannot see any scope for leniency here. The Soccer mods back-up your assertion that you are generally a good poster, but this is your 3rd yellow of the season. That's an automatic 2 week ban and if we applied discretion this Dispute Resolution Forum would be full of appeals from posters falling foul of the Soccer Forum totting-up process. The only way to get the ban overturned would be to get the yellow overturned, but I cannot see any scope for that given the Charter and also site rules.

I would add that this season the threshold for the first ban of a season was raised from 2 yellows to 3 yellows - that's to give posters guilty of only the occasional rule breach additional leeway. The fact you have picked up 3 yellows (and in my view all fully deserved) means you have run out of slack for this season.

Hence I'm upholding the yellow card and resultant ban.

You may of course ask for an Admin to review this decision.

Look that's fair enough, I look forward to been back in 2 weeks.

Lesson learned, you can mark this as resolved I wont be taking it any further.

Thanks for taking a look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement