Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli Mayonnaise.

Options
  • 17-02-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any good recipes for a chilli mayonnaise. Like a Taco sauce out of the chipper but I would rather make it myself.

I have tried before but never get it right.

Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

What works really well is to get some chipotle chillis in adobo sauce. Whiz the tin in a blender. You get a nice bit of sauce from this that you can add to stews later etc. Then take a teaspoonful and add to a small bowl of mayonnaise. The chipotle past is smokey, rich and hot and the mayonnaise tempers this but still provides plenty of flavour. I reckon it's what chippers are actually going for with taco sauce but they actually buy the big tubs of Blenders etc. taco sauce which is lovely in itself but not quite the same. That said, sourcing chipotles in Adobo is quite hard but Fallon & Byrne have them and, failing that, you can get them from mymexicanshop.ie which is where I usually source mine.

Advertisement