Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPC 3925

Options
  • 17-02-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Ok i know there is a million threads giving out about upc routers but i seem to be having a strange issue.

Basically every 10-30 seconds i get latency spikes up to 3000ms or a full timeout. this is using command prompt (ping 192.168.1.1 -t). as you can see by the ping address i am pinging the router directly. i am connected via a wired connection. I have tried multiple devices connected directly to the router and some running through my home network always getting the same results.

I rang upc who sent out a tech who replaced the router with another router. same model. he then said thats all sorted and was about to leave. i asked him to check the ping and surely enough even with his own laptop connected directly to the router he was seeing the latency spikes. Oh and i had to show him how to ping the device! he proceeded to ring who i can only assume was a supervisor who told him it was an internal issue and for me to ring their premium support.... tech guy ran out the door at this point. an internal issue yes..... BUT WITH YOUR ROUTER!!!!!!

i have no issues with ping to the net at any other point except when the spikes occur and i get full speeds when doing speed tests to upc. this is not an issue with general browsing and youtube etc... its a huge issue with gaming and streaming on twitch.

if anybody has any ideas id greatly appreciate it...

Advertisement