Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnection for a house being bought

Options
  • 17-02-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

Hi, just went sale agreed on a house in Roscommon,what i would like to know is how long does it take to get reconnected once i have cert from electrician,also what does it cost for reconnection

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭Markcheese

How long has the house been vacant ? If it's over 2 years it's a bit of a dose, took me months... Between the call center in wherever not talking to the official in fermoy,who was going to go on holiday, now on holiday ,just back from holiday (all reasons why he couldn't answer the phone) ,in the end a friend of my mams(x esb) rang and the lads were out next morning, took them 10 mins...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

About a year.so estate agent says,house is 6 or 7 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mgn,

Thanks for your post.
    mgn wrote:
    how long does it take to get reconnected once i have cert from electrician,also what does it cost for reconnection

The reconnection process depends on how long your home was been without power. If it has been disconnected for less than 6 months, it's just a case of contacting a supplier and paying the reconnection fee (€79.45 incl. VAT); reconnections in this case can normally be arranged within 48hrs.

If the premise has been disconnected for longer than 6 months, but less than 2 years (as in your case), in addition to the aforementioned reconnection charge you would need a wiring certificate from an electrician, which I see you've already sorted. In this case, arrange the reconnection with your chosen supplier, ensure the electrician has submitted the wiring cert, and a reconnection can take place within 10 working days.

As Markcheese pointed out above, if a premise has been without power for 2 year or more, the situation is different. In this case a connection would need to be applied for anew through ESB Networks - see here for further info.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

1500 euro and a certificate

it takes over 2 months

1500 euro and a certificate

it takes over 2 months
    What is the 1500 for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mgn,

I think what sawdoubters is referring to is the ESB Networks reconnection charge for a property without power for 2 years or more, in which case it gets treated as a new connection.

See here for ESB Networks list of charges. In this document (page 5) you can see their most up to date charges for single domestic connections.

If your property has been without power for less than 2 years however you won't need to worry about these.

Thanks,
    David

Thanks David, that's cleared a few thing's up

Hi David ,Is there any way i can find out when house was disconneced just to make sure its not over 2 years
    I dont have mprn number yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

mgn wrote: »
    Hi David ,Is there any way i can find out when house was disconneced just to make sure its not over 2 years
    I dont have mprn number yet

Open up the meterbox and see if the label on the Esb cutout (fuse) is dated by revenue protection when disconnected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi mgn,

If you private message us the RM serial number of the meter, and the address in question, we could try searching here. Please also confirm your name in the private message.

Thanks and regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Una

Advertisement