Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore feet

Options
  • 17-02-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Any advice on this one - just started getting sore feet - right on the sole of my foot.

Very random. Not doing any great mileage - 35k last week of running and it seems to have come out of nowhere. Felt a bit of stiffness over the last wee while but actually sore today.

Nothing has changed from doing the marathon in October (2 months off and built very slowly back to running). Longest run was on Saturday at 18k (up from 15 the previous week) so not increasing km quickly or doing anything new from 6 months ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Mr Tango wrote: »
    Any advice on this one - just started getting sore feet - right on the sole of my foot.

Very random. Not doing any great mileage - 35k last week of running and it seems to have come out of nowhere. Felt a bit of stiffness over the last wee while but actually sore today.

Nothing has changed from doing the marathon in October (2 months off and built very slowly back to running). Longest run was on Saturday at 18k (up from 15 the previous week) so not increasing km quickly or doing anything new from 6 months ago.

What condition are your training runners in?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

one pair only used for about 4 weeks. another pair (basically flats) a good few months old but I use these sporadically as I had half a notion these may be part of the problem but I did my long run in the cushioned trainers and only 5k in the flatter ones over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

one pair only used for about 4 weeks. another pair (basically flats) a good few months old but I use these sporadically as I had half a notion these may be part of the problem but I did my long run in the cushioned trainers and only 5k in the flatter ones over the weekend.

I would say get it looked at. My initial thoughts would be you were right on the money with your first assumption and even though you didn't do too much recently in them they could still be causing the issue. Bring the flats along when getting looked at also just to give the practitioner a chance to take a look.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'd say it's the shoes - probably the flats. Are the pair you've been using for 4 weeks the same as what you usually wear?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Where on the sole of your foot?

• Advertisement

the wide bit just at the bottom of your toes - whatever that is called!

ran on grass last night in spike (so very flat) - no issues today - just a bit of residual stiffness still from Monday.

Long run in the morning - will wear the cushioned runners and see how it goes.

spent 10 mins rolling my foot over a slioter which was sore but may have helped a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

Must resist temptation to give medical advice!

That bit of foot is made up of metatarsal arch which can drop as well as longitudinal arch by the way.

Best to see someone. Doctor, physio, osteopath, chiropodist/podiatrist etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

kal7 wrote: »
    Must resist temptation to give medical advice!

That bit of foot is made up of metatarsal arch which can drop as well as longitudinal arch by the way.

Best to see someone. Doctor, physio, osteopath, chiropodist/podiatrist etc.

Also Tango runs like mloc swims

tunney wrote: »
    Also Tango runs like mloc swims

c'mon - not that bad :)

Ran this morning - 90 mins - fine and no issues.

Advertisement