Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Three Customer

• 17-02-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

I signed a 2 year contract with Three 3 weeks ago. I signed the contract on the basis of a discount I was assured by salesperson in Carphone Warehouse I would get. I have now found out he got the percentage wrong I would never have signed up otherwise. Carphone Warehouse denied it was said. Three are saying they will not honour this and can do nothing more. I feel I signed the contract on misinformation. Any suggestions welcome as Three are fobbing me off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

When did you sign the contract. You should have a cooling off period.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Tzardine wrote: »
    When did you sign the contract. You should have a cooling off period.

I signed it three weeks ago. There is a seven or fourteen day cooling off period but I had no concerns as I was led to believe in Carphone warehouse I was definitely getting a certain discount. That is why I signed up and only why. Carphone Warehouse are denying this and Three are as helpful as can be expected.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I take it noone wrote this down anywhere for you?

No. I checked the contract and all it says is 'discount'. I asked in Carphone Warehouse if they had audio as this would prove what the salesperson told me I would get. Three are a nightmare to deal with, keep fobbing me off. It's like talking to a brick wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You will have to start the formal complaints process. Send an email to the customer care department stating that it is a formal complaint in the subject line. Three have a code of practice for this.

Be prepared for a stone wall since you have no proof of what you were told. You need to satisfy their formal complaints procedure before you can make a complaint to Comreg / NCA . You might get lucky and get a compromise out of Three.

How much of a discount are you talking about ?

• Advertisement

Twenty per cent as I was told. Three have private messaged me here saying contract is valid. I explained I would take it as far as is necessary. Another pm saying nothing they can do. Carphone Warehouse are responsible also I guess as it was their staff member who misinformed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Unfortunately, if you didn't get the discount in writing, then it's going to be hard to prove.

Write registered letters of complaint to the Carphone Warehouse store manager and cc a copy to Head Office.

Thanks for your replies. I have emailed both Three and Carphone Warehouse logging a formal complaint. Three are so bad at just fobbing you off once you have signed the contract. Not ethical in my view at all. I am being honest and telling them as it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SteM

angeline wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I have emailed both Three and Carphone Warehouse logging a formal complaint. Three are so bad at just fobbing you off once you have signed the contract. Not ethical in my view at all. I am being honest and telling them as it is...

I'm not sure what you expect Three to do? All your dealings where with Carphone Warehouse, Three have no record of your conversations with CW so they can't tell whether CW made the mistake or whether you misunderstood the offer. Deal with CW because you'll just be banging your head against a brick wall trying to get Three to help with a problem that was on CW's side.

I most certainly did not misunderstand the offer. I have lodged a formal complaint with both companies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SteM

I most certainly did not misunderstand the offer. I have lodged a formal complaint with both companies...

Read what I said. I never said you did. I said that Three have no idea whether you did or not. Your issue is with CPW, I don't know why you keep complaining about Three on this thread. Lord knows there's plenty of legitimate reasons to complain about them, this is not one of them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP you say that you were expecting a 20% discount. do you mind me asking what discount did you actually get?

From experience I would suggest going about this in a firm but fair way. CPW also have a rep for 3 who they would deal with in cases like this. Maybe if you could get them to escalate the issue the rep may be able to provide some kind of resolution (maybe apply a discount to the bill instead of cancelling the contract)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

"three" worst company i ever come in contact in all my life, I'm 53 yrs old NUFF SAID.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

SteM wrote: »
    Read what I said. I never said you did. I said that Three have no idea whether you did or not. Your issue is with CPW, I don't know why you keep complaining about Three on this thread. Lord knows there's plenty of legitimate reasons to complain about them, this is not one of them imo.

Exactly this. Problem is between CPW and OP, nothing to do with Three.

Yes I realise this. Logged formal complaint with CPW yesterday. They emailed me today having supposedly concluded their so called investigation. They contacted the store manager of the store in question who of course said his colleague never said what he did to me. They allegedly cannot overturn this decision!!! Needless to say this is making me more determined and I have requested the matter to be escalated. They can't treat customers like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A gentle warning to posters to stay on topic. No generic Three "bashing" please.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think you might find it hard to get a solution OP and it makes me yet again realise that when a sales person offers a great deal, always ask for it in writing.....

I agree. Carphone Warehouse have now replied to me twice with the same story that they cannot take the matter beyond the store manager which is utter rubbish. Of course he has managers above him.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I agree. Carphone Warehouse have now replied to me twice with the same story that they cannot take the matter beyond the store manager which is utter rubbish. Of course he has managers above him.
    Cannot Will not. You have no proof of what was said, so of course they aren't going to bother doing anything for you, unfortunately.

When it is your word against the salesperson, I really can't see how you hope to get anywhere. It sucks, an expensive lesson for you. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

No. I checked the contract and all it says is 'discount'. I asked in Carphone Warehouse if they had audio as this would prove what the salesperson told me I would get. Three are a nightmare to deal with, keep fobbing me off. It's like talking to a brick wall.

" discount ??? " can you elaborate, what exactly is in front of discount and after the word discount ???

• Advertisement
Advertisement