Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doughiska Lidl

Options
  • 16-02-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭

A new Lidl is Doughiska, Galway is busy taking shape immediately across the road from the former Racing Lodge / Amber Lodge, now church+community centre. There is signage up outside and banners inside (visible from the street), but still a bit of work to go.

I'm imagine no new jobs here, though, just transferred ones from up the road.

I have no idea what might be happening in Doughiska, Cork, or indeed if there is even such a place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's a sign outside the existing LIDL in Doughiska saying that shop will shut on Sunday 23rd, and the new one will open on the following Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hey Doughiska LIDL fans, would you mind forking this thread so we can keep this one about the Knocknacarra site?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Is this the only store going into that building?
    The Lidl in Oranmore has a few other shops alongside.
    Makes for a more interesting shopping trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

A new Lidl is Doughiska, Galway is busy taking shape immediately across the road from the former Racing Lodge / Amber Lodge, now church+community centre. There is signage up outside and banners inside (visible from the street), but still a bit of work to go.

I'm imagine no new jobs here, though, just transferred ones from up the road.

This seems to have been confirmed in the galway independent (see page 45), there's no mention of any new jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

ah no, long way to walk if your doing your NCT, only good way to pass 20mins out there

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I've been wondering all week when this was opening. THe shelves have been stocked for the last couple of days though there's still work being finished. So I assumed it must be sometime around this weekend.
    Not been up to the existing one this week so haven't seen the sign outside there. Would have thought they'd just swap over instead of having that one closed before the other opened by a few days.

Is there a gala opening or anything swinging?

There is still an empty space on the other side of the entrance way shared by the shop and the estate which is a site that seemed to be designated to be shops back around 2006 but never got developed. I was wondering if they were doing anything with that or if it was just a depot for the LIDL site. Also wondering what is happening with the mound in the field next to the LIDL site which appears to be something to do with the building of the LIDL.
    Hoping it isn't just about reveal itself to be roadworks & that whole idea has been finally shelved permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Discount retailer Lidl is to open its latest store at Sraith Fhada on the Doughiska Road in Galway on Thursday, February 27, replacing the existing premises just 200 metres away.

Twenty staff members will relocate from the existing store to the bigger custom built unit in Doughiska, which boasts an in-store bakery delivering freshly baked breads and pastries every day. The new store will also have more than 80 parking spaces.

Speaking this week, Neil McLoughlin, sales operations manager said: “The team can’t wait to welcome neighbours into the new store. We have an action packed open day planned which will include a great range of special offers and plenty of fun activities, including a Lidl Wheel of Fortune giving customers the chance to win €50 shopping vouchers.”

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/67113/lidl-to-open-new-store-in-doughiska

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

My sister wasnt exactly helpful when telling me about when the original lidl is closing ..she mentioned something about sunday or is it another day? I dont reeeaaallly wanna walk down to check :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Closing Sunday at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

anyone know if the new shop is open yet? Need a couple things and would be handy to swing in on the way home this eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

It is certainly open, it was heaving this morning at about 9.30 when I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

What are the plans for the old LIDL store in Doughiska?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

What are the plans for the old LIDL store in Doughiska?

Storage for their 8 stores in the county

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement