Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet suit question

Options
  • 17-02-2014 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to use a sleeveless wet suit for a triathlon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Yes, a few will wear them at races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I prefer a sleeveless suit - less constricting and easier to get off. But the downside is it will be slightly less bouyant and not as warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Ok cool thanks for the replys was thinking of doing a tri in the summer and already have a sleeveless suit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

For a Sprint you'll be fine but if you're going longer distance I'd be inclined to have full coverage, the cold will sap energy and motivation the longer you're in the water and summer or winter the sea temps don't vary massively. What sort of distance are you contemplating?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

MojoMaker wrote: »
    For a Sprint you'll be fine but if you're going longer distance I'd be inclined to have full coverage, the cold will sap energy and motivation the longer you're in the water and summer or winter the sea temps don't vary massively. What sort of distance are you contemplating?

I'm only learning to swim at the moment and am hoping to do the try a triathy all going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

You'll be grand. A bit cold, but grand. If you have a long-sleeve rash vest throw it on underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

be sure and check it seals up reasonably well or you could be taking in a lot of water at the seals at the arms.

Advertisement