Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled DD instruction ...... still charged unpaid fee

Options
  • 17-02-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi there,
    In January I decided not to renew an insurance policy I have. I informed the insurance company of this in writing and on the same day, I cancelled the DD instruction through 365online.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif] The other day I noticed an Unpaid Fee on my account for €12.70. I phoned Banking 365 and they did a check and it was for the DD that I cancelled. I cancelled it about 2 weeks before the premium would have been due, so plenty of time for the DD to have been rejected by the bank.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I have contacted the insurance company in question as they have obviously renewed my policy despite my letter.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Anyway, I have 2 questions relating to this[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]1. If I cancel a direct debit instruction in plenty of time, why am I still charged an Unpaid Fee if the insurance company applies for it anyway?
    [/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]2. Why can I no longer see the list of DD instructions on my account when logged into 365online? (Or if the screen is still there, where can I access it?)[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks in advance[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi GeturGun[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you have incurred this fee on your account. It will be necessary to liaise with the insurance company and advise due to the reinstatement of a direct debit, you are at a loss of these funds. It could be due to the migration of SEPA, they may have reinstated this in error.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If it is a SEPA direct debit, you can block this insurance company from debiting your account again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]To do this, please log into your Bank of Ireland 365 Online account and select the ‘Manage Accounts’ option on the left had side of the Homepage, then select ‘SEPA Direct Debit Services’ and complete the necessary form.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are aware the majority of companies have now changed to SEPA Direct Debits.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The location of all your Direct Debits can be viewed in your transaction history online. This option will provide you with the last 12 months history on your account. You can use the ‘Advanced Search’ option online to filter your Direct Debits for easy viewing. You can also see more information like your unique mandate reference number and creditor ID. This information will support any SEPA Direct Debit Services requests you may wish to submit.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]We have a dedicated section here with information on SEPA Direct Debits, you may find the link useful.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please do contact us again.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Thanks for the speedy reply Alison

I will cancel it online again now and get onto the insurance company 

Advertisement