Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG Week 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I hope the pepper spray is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Caliden wrote: »
    I hope the pepper spray is used.

On the Supermacs chicken wings?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

just in eyre square there and the place is full of donegal people . i hope it dosent get out of hand later

No it's not....

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

YES THEY ARE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

YES THEY ARE

OOHHHH NOOO THEY'RE NOT!

(and so on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

GastroBoy wrote: »
    No it's not....

image.jpg

the cops are probably from Donegal.

LOOK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

LOOK

Isn't that from like 11 am? It's hardly Eyre Square either.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Isn't that from like 11 am? It's hardly Eyre Square either.

i wonder how bad it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Bad news for ya: Only the smart ones, who've escaped the worst alcohol damage will get good jobs that eventually get them permanent residency in those countries. (I'm assuming that signing allegance to the Queen will continue to be such a problem that few will take up citizenship).

The rest of the Donegal Donkeys (to pick on the sub-species that has invaded our city today) will at best see out their working-holiday-visa and then come hope, or at worst get deported either before the visa ends (for alcohol-fuelled crime) or afterwards (as over-stayers).

Just a little bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

And I wouldn't change a bit of it!

Of course you wouldn't..

Wompa1 wrote: »

I don't see the relevance of digging up old posts?

Them few pints are some of the best pints you'll have! :):p

Best or Most Expensive? I paid nearly 6 euro for a pint in Dublin Airport. Can't say as though I ever enjoyed drinking on a flight, even when it was free. Planes are boring places to be, being drunk just heightens the boredom. Then some people go over the top and get loud, they don't realize they are being loud. I had a 7 hour flight from Dublin once that felt like 24 hours due to sitting across from two drunk lads. It was as bad as sitting behind the baby row

I don't see the relevance of digging up old posts?

Fair enough, removed. It was relevant to your statement but whatever...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Now taking bets on Padraig Conneely ranting on the wireless in the morning

snubbleste wrote: »
    Now taking bets on Padraig Conneely ranting on the wireless in the morning

Next week he'll be back to having his picture taken in front of some hole in the ground

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Some people need to lighten up, stop curtain watching and get over themselves.
    Nothing like a cold creamy pint of a tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

i wonder how bad it is now

I passed through Eyre Square, twice, on the way home from work there around 6ish. Didn't seem any different to any other quiet Saturday, to me anyways.

Best or Most Expensive? I paid nearly 6 euro for a pint in Dublin Airport. Can't say as though I ever enjoyed drinking on a flight, even when it was free. Planes are boring places to be, being drunk just heightens the boredom. Then some people go over the top and get loud, they don't realize they are being loud. I had a 7 hour flight from Dublin once that felt like 24 hours due to sitting across from two drunk lads. It was as bad as sitting behind the baby row

Ah the excitement and all that, it's great! Can't complain about an expensive one when you're getting a lot of cheap ones when you fly away somewhere! :) I'll admit I've drank a good few times on various flights. One or two I don't really remember ha! But to be fair, the ones I don't remember were all people my age going on holidays so noise to the people around us was not an issue, certainly had no complaints anyways. Or were very short flights.

• Advertisement

Planes are boring places to be, being drunk just heightens the boredom.

Its the opposite for me, a constant supply of free beer make long haul flights bearable.

Ah the excitement and all that, it's great!

I remember we went to Edinburgh a few years ago, we had one or two in the airport before leaving and ended up drinking in the airport in Edinburgh when we got over. We must have had 6 or 7 pints before setting foot outside between the two airports :D and we had a night out ahead of us after!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I for one really enjoy Donegal Tuesday. Always entertaining watching this thread turn in to a more hysterical version of the Daily Mail.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ambulance parked outside the hole in the wall at 6:30. Few lads too drunk to stand but quiet other than that.

Apparently A&E is experiencing high traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mr_A wrote: »
    I for one really enjoy Donegal Tuesday. Always entertaining watch this thread turn in to a more hysterical version of the Daily Mail.

Try asking the gardai or the emergency services if they enjoy Donegal Tuesday or if it's all hysterics and see what they think. :rolleyes:

Arra - it's only drunken lads taking up precious A&E space, sure that's what the hospital is there for - to pump stomachs, assist with injuries caused by excessive drinking and recusitate those with alcohol poisoning - sure it's all a bit of craic. To hell with the dry begrudgers. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

zarquon wrote: »
    Try asking the gardai or the emergency services if they enjoy Donegal Tuesday or if it's all hysterics and see what they think. :rolleyes:

Comments like this are exactly what he is talking about.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Comments like this are exactly what he is talking about.

Yes, and my point is still valid. Go check out A&E tonight and ask the nurses and doctors on duty about the eejits acting the b0ll0cks there what their opinion of it is.

Yeah it's great craic if you are stupid and immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,156 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

zarquon wrote: »
    Yes, and my point is still valid.
    Ring Keith in the morning, he'll get a mass said for Rag week.;)

Ring Keith in the morning, he'll get a mass said for Rag week.;)

I'll be too busy working to contribute through taxation.to the grants of those hungover and prepping for another few days of binge drinking amongst other various activities in an attempt to publically display their double digit IQs with pride.

Thankfully Australia and Canada will take a portion of these timewasters off our hands......at least until the visas expire with no hope of renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Dr Sunshine

Was in Galway today and didn't see any trouble. Was like a summer's day, sun shining, buskers on Shop Street. If there was hoardes of drunken students they must have been in the pubs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Clear that students' grants are too generous.

Few working people can afford to spend that much on drink

Advertisement