Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Tool Kit

Options
  • 17-02-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Guys

I am waiting on my new parts to build my first pc to be delivered and i was wondering if i should buy a computer tool kit. I dont know if this will be a waste of money, f it is could you recommend tools or should i just buy a kit.

Thanks
    Skulltown

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

My computer toolkit: Screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Serephucus wrote: »
    My computer toolkit: Screwdriver.

I was just about to say this, worked in IT for many years, I've never used more than a screwdriver and cable ties putting a PC together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

When I were a lad I could only dream of owning a screwdriver, I had to make do with these :

bhWPDi3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Philips head screwdriver size 0 and 1

A static dissipating wrist strap clipped to a bared metal point of the case on which you're working is recommended, and a cheap one often comes with the memory.

(to keep you, the components you hold and the computer being built at the same voltage level and prevent static crackles from running from you to the computer through the component causing damage, sometimes just subtle damage. If you lack the wrist strap, tap your hand against the metal inside of the case frequently. )

A few saucers to hold screws and small parts of varying depths. In case you need to reverse your steps while building.

Pen and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

cheers for the help guys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Tweezers can come in handy to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Small pliers for standoffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The pliers is good for cutting the ends off of cable ties as well.

Advertisement