Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYP Ideas?

• 17-02-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey guys,

The dreaded day has come where we have to start thinking about FYPs!

I'm thinking of doing something related to the media - maybe the representation of something in the print/broadcast media, or something along those lines.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

It'd help if you mentioned what course you're doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm studying Media and English, so obviously the option is there to work with either topic.

Stuff I've been looking at is comparing the representation of a topic in print/broadcast media, the death of regional press as caused by the internet, or something related to privacy and social networks.

Something related to print/broadcasting would be my ideal choice and I'd have a strong interest in it, but I'd be worried that there wouldn't be enough academic resources available on the topic. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm studying Media and English, so obviously the option is there to work with either topic.

Stuff I've been looking at is comparing the representation of a topic in print/broadcast media, the death of regional press as caused by the internet, or something related to privacy and social networks.

Something related to print/broadcasting would be my ideal choice and I'd have a strong interest in it, but I'd be worried that there wouldn't be enough academic resources available on the topic. Any thoughts?

The ideas you have are quite common in terms of FYPs- I'm in 4th yr in that course any many of my classmates are doing stuff like that. My FYP is based around a specific area of radio broadcasting and there is tonnes of stuff available, just not all in the UL library. The more original the idea is you could potentially do better marks wise.

Advertisement