Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 infractions.

Options
  • 17-02-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭

Hello

I received two infractions on the politics forum one yellow and one red all

on the one day.

the moderator who issued them was black swan.

These are my first infractions on boards .

I am always respectable to other posters and like to engage with debate.

I apologised to the moderator and asked other users to discontinue personal attacks at each other.

I am sorry if any one was offended .

I would like to see the infractions struck out if possible

Thank You

On The River

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi on the river,

can you please confirm that you have completed the first steps laid out above?
    > Attempted to resolve your concern with the mod in question via PM.

If you both still disagree or you have not had a response in a sufficient amount of time we will review the case here.

Assuming this is the thread in question: Giving some of N.I....

Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

Taltos wrote: »
    Hi on the river,

can you please confirm that you have completed the first steps laid out above?
    > Attempted to resolve your concern with the mod in question via PM.

If you both still disagree or you have not had a response in a sufficient amount of time we will review the case here.

Assuming this is the thread in question: Giving some of N.I....

Taltos

Hi Taltos

I already discussed with the mod in question and now i am here for the relevant bodies to review the case

Yours faithfully

On the River

Thanks on the river.

I have gone through this thread in detail and have the following notes:

> There are 3 separate moderator warnings in this thread for a range of issues. After the first two warnings the thread came back on topic.
    > After the last moderator warning you responded inappropriately and were appropriately issued a warning. Your post here was not adding to the discussion at all, instead it bordered if not outright crossed our rule on backseat modding. This was not the first time you contributed in a manner that we consider to be backseat moderation.
    Post 220
    we agree great yet you should leave 'flasher' alone he is unexperienced for this debate

> Immediately after this warning you posted again, shortly after the warning was issued.
    Post 221
    ok posters i think the moderator is right . we should stop with the personal jibes.

i think leave all that their and proceed with debate without personal remarks

AGREED?
    This response again added nothing to the discussion and now is directly discussing the moderator direction in thread. This resulted in the red card infraction.
    So in the space of a few posts you clearly breached two separate points on the charter in this forum.

In reviewing the rest of the thread, you asked posters a number of times (2) not to make personal attacks - we treat all such claims very seriously as bullying is not tolerated here. However, there were no personal attacks, just disagreements, and were appropriately actioned by the mod either through on thread warnings or other methods.
    Ref posts: 191; 210
    A number of yours posts also attempted to flame or elicit a strong response e.g.: post 163. 165.

And finally you also attempted to pull the thread off topic with your later posts with another poster, a number of which had to be removed by the mods to keep the thread on topic. This type of behaviour is not acceptable and my response would have been to ban you immediately for those posts alone. Instead though the mod took the considered action of gently steering the thread back on topic, a nudge you ignored.

My finding is that you have been treated more than fairly by the mods in question. Both warning and infraction stand.
    My personal recommendation on reviewing this thread would have been to ban you from the forum for an appropriate period, however as above I believe the mods have taken the right action in just issuing you with a warning & infraction.

You may of course dispute this and ask for an Admin review.

Cordially
    Taltos

Taltos wrote: »
    Thanks on the river.

I have gone through this thread in detail and have the following notes:

> There are 3 separate moderator warnings in this thread for a range of issues. After the first two warnings the thread came back on topic.
    > After the last moderator warning you responded inappropriately and were appropriately issued a warning. Your post here was not adding to the discussion at all, instead it bordered if not outright crossed our rule on backseat modding. This was not the first time you contributed in a manner that we consider to be backseat moderation.
    Post 220

> Immediately after this warning you posted again, shortly after the warning was issued.
    Post 221
    This response again added nothing to the discussion and now is directly discussing the moderator direction in thread. This resulted in the red card infraction.
    So in the space of a few posts you clearly breached two separate points on the charter in this forum.

In reviewing the rest of the thread, you asked posters a number of times (2) not to make personal attacks - we treat all such claims very seriously as bullying is not tolerated here. However, there were no personal attacks, just disagreements, and were appropriately actioned by the mod either through on thread warnings or other methods.
    Ref posts: 191; 210
    A number of yours posts also attempted to flame or elicit a strong response e.g.: post 163. 165.

And finally you also attempted to pull the thread off topic with your later posts with another poster, a number of which had to be removed by the mods to keep the thread on topic. This type of behaviour is not acceptable and my response would have been to ban you immediately for those posts alone. Instead though the mod took the considered action of gently steering the thread back on topic, a nudge you ignored.

My finding is that you have been treated more than fairly by the mods in question. Both warning and infraction stand.
    My personal recommendation on reviewing this thread would have been to ban you from the forum for an appropriate period, however as above I believe the mods have taken the right action in just issuing you with a warning & infraction.

You may of course dispute this and ask for an Admin review.

Cordially
    Taltos

Dear Taltos

I take full responsability for my actions and i broke the rules i am sorry .

Given that it is my first time offence may i be allowed a reduction in time on the infractions .

I am now asking for a admin opinion .

Yours truly
    On The river

Admin review requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Given that it is my first time offence may i be allowed a reduction in time on the infractions .

I am now asking for a admin opinion .

You do realise that you're not banned, so there's no time to be reduced here. Unless I'm missing something?

Zaph wrote: »
    You do realise that you're not banned, so there's no time to be reduced here. Unless I'm missing something?

Hi Zaph

I appreciate what your saying but if you read over the posts other users were provoking me into certain dilemmas and going off topic. Then as the black swan said i got reported by other members.

As you are aware all these infractions happened all on the same day.

So usually (99.9 percent) i obey the rules.

It seems i was made an example of and others got away. I hope you look it the issue in amore unbiased view pont

A humble member

On The River

Sorry, I'm still not sure what it is you're asking for here. Is it that others should be infracted because you were? Or is it something else?

I'm not seeing any bias tbh. Regardless of what others posted, how you were treated is consistent with warnings and infractions given to other people for similar offences in the past.

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm still not sure what it is you're asking for here. Is it that others should be infracted because you were? Or is it something else?

I'm not seeing any bias tbh. Regardless of what others posted, how you were treated is consistent with warnings and infractions given to other people for similar offences in the past.

Thank you Zaph for time and patience .

I am asking for a reduction of time on the infractions if THAT is not possible you may allow this issue to be closed and marked resolved.

I admit i hold very strong viewpoints on some issues yet i hope in future the mods will be fair and unbiased .

Thank You for your time and co operation .

Yours Truly

ON THE RIVER

Hi on the river.

I think you might be getting a little mixed up between infractions and bans. An infraction doesn't have a duration, other than the fact that if you amass 9 of them in a 10 day period the system will automatically ban you for a week. A ban can have a defined duration or be permanent, but this doesn't apply in your case. I hope that clarifies things for you, but if not please let me know.

• Advertisement

mark issue as resolved
    thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement