Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Craft Beer & Champions League

Options
  • 17-02-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Where to go in Dublin this Tue & Wed for some Good Craft Beers & Watch Champions league........Any suggestions?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

JW Sweetman or The Bull & Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, I also think The Black Sheep has a telly - or else, if you fancy it, The Living Room does European Lagers and I think either Punk or 5AM Saint from BrewDog, and is a smashing venue for football.

Sweetman can be fairly deserted midweek, for no apparent reason, even with football on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Walshes in Stoneybatter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yeah, I also think The Black Sheep has a telly - or else, if you fancy it, The Living Room does European Lagers and I think either Punk or 5AM Saint from BrewDog, and is a smashing venue for football.

Sweetman can be fairly deserted midweek, for no apparent reason, even with football on.
    No telly in the Sheep. Or at least they hide it well if they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Galway Bays new bar Alfie Byrnes looks like it could be a good spot. TV's, pool tables and craft beer. Its at the conrad hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Black Sheep normally advertise that its the place to go to avoid the football!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Big screen upstairs in Against the Grain on Wexford Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

The Living Room do a great deal on a pitcher of Punk IPA and will have sound on. P Macs will have it on with no sound. O'Neills have a few nice beers on tap and the match with sound.

The Galway bars have gone down hill. They have very little on tap apart from their own beers anymore. Not worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you're going to the Living Room (which I really rate too) make sure you get there early, about 45mins before kick off should be grand. Nightmare to find a place to watch a match on the busy Champions League nights if you're in late-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Thank you everyone for your idea's - looking forward to all the future C.L. with some great beer :D

we are off to The Bull & Castle for tonight & Against the Grain tomorrow :)

If anyone has any more suggestions going forward please throw them out !

Thanks again all

• Advertisement
Advertisement