Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Cinema/ theatre

Options
  • 18-02-2014 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any old memories or information about the capitol cinema theatre which was located just off o'connell street and closed in 1972.

A friend found a ticket from there in an old garment today and we became curious about the site. I understand it is where that Penneys is now located?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Metropole was where Penneys is now. The Capitol was down what would now be the side of Penneys, at the back, on the way to Arnotts car park.
    I'm too young to remember it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The department store was BHS but wasn't built until mid to late 70's only lasted until the early 80's, you couldn't go in without someone shouting abuse at you about the hunger strikers.

Advertisement