Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Unpaid fee' of e12.70 for no reason

Options
  • 18-02-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Hi,

You charged me e21.70 for no reason, calling it an 'unpaid fee'

I rang BOI 365 online Sunday and they couldn't resolve it. They said it might be because of a specific DD I have and they may not have set up their SEPA. They asked me to call them and then call my branch.

I called the company relating to the DD, they said they are set up for SEPA. I tried to call my branch but the number diverted to the generic BoI number. The person on the phone said they didn't know where the charge came from and that they would call me back. They didn't call me back today.

I am not happy about this. There are a number of things going wrong in my banking relationship with BoI and if this is not resolved soon I am going to cancel my mortgage application and move bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi lima, 

Many thanks for posting. 

€12.70 is the fee for an Unpaid Direct Debit or Standing order on an account. We do not have access to account details so unfortunately we would not be able to check it for you here. As the Banking 365 rep advised, it would be your account holding branch who can clarify the information. 

Apologies that you did not receive a call-back yet. It may be that the rep is waiting for the details before he/she calls you back. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hello,

Further investigation by myself has discovered a possible issue:

I created a 365 online 30-day notice savings account, and indicated that I wanted to put in X amount of funds from my current account. It was then implied that I would have to contact my local branch to arrange the transfer. Instead, before I got the chance to contact my branch, the transfer was automatically attempted and I may have been charged a fee as the funds were not transferred by me into my current account yet.

If this is proven to be the case, I will be requesting a refund of this fee. Otherwise, I will be moving my funds to another bank.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi lima[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]When opening a Bank of Ireland 365 30 Day Account, the application will advise you are (A) you are authorising the Bank of Ireland Deposit Centre to deduct the payment or (B) requesting the Deposit Centre to advise your branch to deduct the payment from your account you have selected.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It is not necessary for the customer to contact the branch to arrange the transfer.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to check this further, you can contact Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000. A representative can assist you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries, please let us know. We are happy to help as much as possible.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]When opening a Bank of Ireland 365 30 Day Account, the application will advise you are (A) you are authorising the Bank of Ireland Deposit Centre to deduct the payment or (B) requesting the Deposit Centre to advise your branch to deduct the payment from your account you have selected.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It is not necessary for the customer to contact the branch to arrange the transfer.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you would like to check this further, you can contact Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 140 44000. A representative can assist you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further queries, please let us know. We are happy to help as much as possible.[/font]

Hello,

Can you please provide me with an email address of someone who can resolve this. I travel overseas routinely (currently overseas) and therefore cannot make calls so the only way I can contact you is via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

lima wrote: »

Hello,

Can you please provide me with an email address of someone who can resolve this. I travel overseas routinely (currently overseas) and therefore cannot make calls so the only way I can contact you is via email.
    Hi lima, 

We would not advise sending account details via email. If it's not possible to call, the best way to make contact with Bank of Ireland 365 in this instance is to send a secure message from your online Service Desk on 365 Online. This way, the rep will have access to your account details. 

If you're not familiar with secure messages on 365 Online, please see here

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement

lima wrote: »

Hello,

Hi lima, 

We would not advise sending account details via email. If it's not possible to call, the best way to make contact with Bank of Ireland 365 in this instance is to send a secure message from your online Service Desk on 365 Online. This way, the rep will have access to your account details. 

If you're not familiar with secure messages on 365 Online, please see here

Thanks

Billy
    Thank You Billy,

I will do this.

Regards,

Lima

Advertisement