Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Holiday Visa.. How much are you allowed to work?

Options
  • 18-02-2014 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question on the New Zealand work holiday visa.
    In the terms of the visa it says that your primary reason for obtaining the visa should be to travel and that you can not work full time. To what extent is this true? I would love to go to New Zealand but in order to fund myself over there I would need a full time job. Am I not allowed to do this? Is there a set limit on the amount of time you spend working or is there ways and means around all this?

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

Have sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.

it does not say but it does say you cant take a permanent job

theres a quota sometime in april maybe the 15th they fill up in 10 hours

•have a passport valid for at least three months past the proposed visa expiry date
    •be at least 18 years old and not yet had their 31st birthday at the time of application
    •not have any accompanying children
    •hold a return travel ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
    •have access to funds equivalent to NZ$350 per month (NZ$4,200 per year) to cover living costs for the period of the visa
    •be of good health and character
    •establish that their main reason for coming to New Zealand is to holiday rather than to work
    •should hold medical and hospitalisation insurance that will remain current throughout their stay in New Zealand

While in New Zealand working holiday permit holders can undertake one course of study of up to 3 months and can work in any employment but, subject to the individual country policies, should not be employed on a permanent basis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You can work for the whole 12 months with one employer full time if that's what you're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭qdawg86

I worked full time for the year on mine. But that was 6 years ago. Rules may have changed ??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I work full time on mine no bother (37.5 hours a week). It's not a permanent contract though, whic ph as far as I know is what the rules stipulate, that you don't work anywhere on a permanent contract.

Advertisement