Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2014 Thread

• 18-02-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I started one about this time last year and it got legs so I'll have another one this year! Last year's thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056847802

Just beat Tolka Rovers 2-1 in a friendly. We looked decent enough apparently juding by our forum. Just to copy a poster who summarised it quite well
    Report from Tolka Rovers game tonight.

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=5308

Some points:
    - Beattie looked sharp & quick. Played on the right wing, linked up well with Pender behind him and Byrne & Dinny up front.
    - Memery was impressive at left back. Back 4 were solid
    - Byrne barely touched the ball and scored the winner. Exactly what's needed.
    - Tolka played 10 men behind the ball, were tough to break down. Missed some creativity, hopefully Kavanagh can provide that.

I think our squad looks a lot better than last year but a lot of teams ahead of us have also strengthened! Think we should not be in the same position we were in on the last day of last season knowing certain results could see us in a play off or even where we were halfway through last season sitting rock bottom not knowing where our next goal would come from, never mind win.
    The squad:
    Delany should be better than last year as he has had a year of football having gone from sitting on Shels' bench. Lee Murphy should provide pretty good backup!

Daniel Byrne
    Roberto Lopes
    Philip McCabe
    Jack Memery - anyone can be a better player than Luke Byrne but no one will ever be as handsome :p
    Anthony Murphy
    Derek Pender
    Aidan Price

Actual effort of putting all the players in bold. :o

Keith Buckley
    Patrick Kavanagh
    Ryan McEvoy
    Karl Moore
    Dave Mulcahy
    Andy Mulligan
    Darragh Reynor
    Stephen Traynor
    Craig Walsh
    Steven Beattie
    ason Byrne
    Daniel Corcoran
    Kevin Devaney

Hopefully Beattie and Byrne will get the goals we couldn't get last year and having Dinny for the full season is great! Discuss I guess...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

my tip for 4th.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

4th is a bit ambitious I think, but comfortably mid table is well achievable.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

BOHtox wrote: »

I think our squad looks a lot better than last year but a lot of teams ahead of us have also strengthened!

I think that's a crucial point, as most teams look to have improved. We do look better that last couple seasons on paper though, and you'd hope that we're better than at least 1/3 of the division
    BOHtox wrote: »

Actual effort of putting all the players in bold. :o

LOL. :D

How do we feel about Heary's first full season in charge?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Squelchy wrote: »
    How do we feel about Heary's first full season in charge?

I feel more confident starting the season with him than I did with Callaghan.

Anyone know the craic with tomorrow's game?
    Cost of ticket-wise - I assume it's not free for ST holders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Doesn't really answer your question but anyway;

"Cup games for a fiver" kicks-off again for members for our Leinster Cup game v Bray on Thursday.
    Members admitted with 2013 or 2014 cards.

2014 cards are ready for collection at Bray game -- table at halfway line -- and also at AGM next week.
    After AGM all uncollected membership cards will be posted out.

Members subs will also be taken at at halfway line -- before, at half-time and at full-time -- and season tickets will also be on sale.
    Standing order forms will be available, remember you can now pay for your membership over over 12 months.
    New members welcome.

Many thanks to all those members and season ticket holders who have already subscribed for the new season, it's been a great help in the smooth running of your Club during the close season.

I'd imagine ST will have to pay in. Admission should be a tenner for adults and a fiver for eveyone else but with it being a split gate I'm not sure!

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    I'd imagine ST will have to pay in. Admission should be a tenner for adults and a fiver for everyone else but with it being a split gate I'm not sure!

Yeah, I'm not a member, just a ST holder. I might stretch to a tenner but I'm not paying 15 lids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohemian Football Club have a deal in place for the 2014 season which sees that all members of the Irish Prison Service are eligible to receive a season ticket for the price of €130.

Tickets are available from Dalymount Park when accompanied by official IPS identification.

Anyone from here up at the LSC match last night? Care to give a bit of inside scoop? Had to work myself.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone from here up at the LSC match last night? Care to give a bit of inside scoop? Had to work myself.

We played pretty well. Price looked solid in defence. Steven Beattie on the wing looked excellant, ran rings around 5 or 6 Bray players for the 5th goal only for Jayo to tap home before Steven got a chance to shoot :p Dinny's first goal was superb and Andy Mulligan looked excellant. Dean Delany's kicking is still fairly **** and Lopes and Memery had one or two dodgy moments at the back. Overall, it bodes very well for the season although Bray weren't up to much and have a very young squad by the looks of things!

• Advertisement

Four days til this adventure begins again gents. I have a few new recruits on board so hopefully we can give them a reason to come back. The atmosphere from the last day of the season away to Drogheda was immense and was my mates first time seeing LOI in his home county. But he's nailed his colours to the Bohs mast from earlier outings vs Rovers (home and away) and had no bother roaring against The Drogs as he's from the next town over and said the tribal feeling from our trip to Tallaght was unreal. So let's roar the gaff down again!

Pity it's UCD for the opening game again :o

That said, great chance for 3 points.

Tonight's the night boys. I'm heading out to UCD for the first time in a long time. Anybody else making the trip?

Yep, can't wait :D

Tis a long trek form Maynooth but I'll be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

How's it going lads, bohs fan here. Hoping for a good season ahead. Squad is looking better than last year with that added bit of experience that was needed. Hoping for a top 6 finish but being a bit optimistic.
    Enjoy the game tonight, should be a handy 3 points!!

My god what a cracker of an opener from Kavanagh. Top of the League!!!!!

Drogs are top on goals scored, to be pedantic ;)

Great win though.

Very good win tonight, we've got a much improved team this year and I think that was reflected in how the game went tonight. 8 goals in 2 games ain't half bad going so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Great start, not getting carried away as it was against UCD. Tougher opposition ahead. I think there will be more belief and passion in the team under Heary.
    Couple of years building ahead of us but were on the right track again. Come on the gypsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Devil08 wrote: »
    Great start, not getting carried away as it was against UCD. Tougher opposition ahead. I think there will be more belief and passion in the team under Heary.
    Couple of years building ahead of us but were on the right track again. Come on the gypsies!

Jaysus I remember last season, UCD gave us a seeing to at dalymount.

Owen is doing a great job there, and from the various people I've talked to inside the club , he's a top bloke.

Onwards and upwards.

Anyone heading back to the Bowl tomorrow? :P

Anyone heading back to the Bowl tomorrow? :P

Yeah, so excited. :(

11 goals in 3 games, at least we should be exciting this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Played quite well last night. Very impressed with Devaney and he took his goal very well.

11 games in three competitive games. Granted, we've played Bray and a poor UCD outfit twice but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Don't think we resembled anything close to 11 goals in the opening round of fixtures last season. :pac:

We're gonna win the league. Science innit.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Played quite well last night. Very impressed with Devaney and he took his goal very well.

11 games in three competitive games. Granted, we've played Bray and a poor UCD outfit twice but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Don't think we resembled anything close to 11 goals in the opening round of fixtures last season. :pac:

We're gonna win the league. Science innit.

Well ScienceNerd, is it? :D

stand-back-try-science.png

The results are positive

Savage looking graffiti on the Jodi for the new season

bohsgraffiti3-634x475.jpg

11 goals in 3 games, at least we should be exciting this year :)

On the plus side, they weren't against us.

Really looking forward to Friday now. Mon the Bohs!

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to checking out that graffiti on Friday. Looks brilliant. Great initiative and well done to all involved.

So how are we feeling after we've had time to digest that horrible last minute equaliser? I thought we were smashing in the first half. Would you have taken 4pts at this stage? 6 would've been sweet.

And how do you all feel about the next clash vs you know who. Will Luke Byrne get a hostile reception? Will we have their number again this time out? Can't wait yet again...

We looked really good going forward, with a bit better finishing we would have had the game put to bed.

Defence badly needs to improve though, both goals were unforgivable to concede. Better teams will punish us badly if we continue to defend like that.

That said, I think Owen has us playing in a really positive manner which is great to see. We've a few new players who still need to fully bed in and when everyone clicks I think we can trouble anyone on our day.

Rovers should be a good game. Every reason to believe we can get another win. Unbeaten in 5 in the league against them now I think.

Luke will get a torrid time from the crowd, no doubt about that.

Yeah I thought we looked good in attack and on the counter. Walsh is nice and strong and seems to read the game well. Kavanagh looks decent too. Delany had a bit of a shocker vs Drogheda I think. Did Mulcahy pick up a knock out in Belfield?

Yeah I thought we looked good in attack and on the counter. Walsh is nice and strong and seems to read the game well. Kavanagh looks decent too. Delany had a bit of a shocker vs Drogheda I think. Did Mulcahy pick up a knock out in Belfield?

Agreed about Delaney, especially for the first goal. Lee Murphy is ready to step in if Delaney puts in more poor performances.

Yeah he did, came off just after half time. Hopefully he's back for Friday.

We looked really good going forward, with a bit better finishing we would have had the game put to bed.

Defence badly needs to improve though, both goals were unforgivable to concede. Better teams will punish us badly if we continue to defend like that.

That said, I think Owen has us playing in a really positive manner which is great to see. We've a few new players who still need to fully bed in and when everyone clicks I think we can trouble anyone on our day.

Rovers should be a good game. Every reason to believe we can get another win. Unbeaten in 5 in the league against them now I think.

Luke will get a torrid time from the crowd, no doubt about that.

Especially after that picture went up on Facebook.

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Especially after that picture went up on Facebook.

That was just a piss take on snapchat that was screen shot. It was about 100 euro in the pic!!

Can't wait for this tomorrow. All my mates had 'their' big match last weekend with Man U vs Liverpool so here's my turn.

PS- Boo! Hiss!

1625741_10153893186655858_276337728_n.jpg

Important run of 3 games in a week starting tonight at Dalyer vs Bray. Confident of getting at least 7 out of 9 points!

Important run of 3 games in a week starting tonight at Dalyer vs Bray. Confident of getting at least 7 out of 9 points!

Have a Wanderers fan coming over with me tonight. Gonna bring him down to the rowdy end for the laugh :) anyone going to Athlone?

Careful now Lucan Bohs, you're starting to sound like a positive Bohs fan. Can't be dealing with that lark round here.

Hectic week of college this week so looking forward to tonight's game. Also kudos to whoever made up the flyer for tonight's game. Class.

1012146_10201992304354731_358694120_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone heading to Athlone?

Anyone heading to Athlone?

Would have liked to but there'd be no way of me making my last bus home. Monday away fixtures are poxy.

Aye, won't be making it either.

Savage result. Jayo nets again to close in on that record. Delighted with 3 points tonight. Bring on Limerick

Hopefully we'll do better than last year and not lose all 3 feckin' games against Limerick! :P

Apparently Mulcahy is back doing full training. I think once we get him and Murphy back we have a great chance of getting a Setanta cup place.

A preview I did of the game - http://www.theloiblog.com/news/match-preview/10-04-2014/bohemians-v-limerick-match-preview

Utterly spineless tonight. That Limerick team were one of the worst sides I've ever seen in Dalymount and we couldn't manage more than a poxy shot against them. Should have won that comfortably. Very disappointed.

Utterly spineless tonight. That Limerick team were one of the worst sides I've ever seen in Dalymount and we couldn't manage more than a poxy shot against them. Should have won that comfortably. Very disappointed.

Really awful stuff. I was so optimistic too after our first couple of games.

Missed the game, but we were awful by all reports. Tough couple of games coming up now too. This season is starting to remind me a lot of last season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Missed the game, but we were awful by all reports. Tough couple of games coming up now too. This season is starting to remind me a lot of last season.

Does Heary get the season regardless?

dfx- wrote: »
    Does Heary get the season regardless?

I hope so, hopping from manager to manager isn't going to get us anywhere. I think Athlone will be poor enough to ensure we don't finish last anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement