Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2014 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I see some Bohs fans went out of there way to clean up the memorial to Liam Whelan after it was vandalised over the weekend.

Well done for quickly restoring my faith in fellow football fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Fair play to Bohs fans for that indeed. That someone would graffiti something like that in Ireland about an Irish player to score cheap points for the English team they support is a sad sad reflection. Bohs fans at least restoring a bit of faith in humanity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Irish LOI fans being better than Irish Premiership fans shocker ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Missed the game, but we were awful by all reports. Tough couple of games coming up now too. This season is starting to remind me a lot of last season.

This match better not be on the fcukin tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This match better not be on the fcukin tv.

I love Syringeycore away, it's a great trip. Love being a Shed End Invincible for the night, always a great atmosphere in Richer. Do you like the Bohs v Pats derby dreamers? Where would you rate it with Rovers and Shels?

Omackeral wrote: »
    I love Syringeycore away, it's a great trip. Love being a Shed End Invincible for the night, always a great atmosphere in Richer. Do you like the Bohs v Pats derby dreamers? Where would you rate it with Rovers and Shels?

Always brilliant but never nasty like the other 2 have been. One of my favourite games was Pats 3 Bohs 3 in mid 90s when Swan scored a hatrick and both sets of fans were in the Shed seperated by 1 movable rail.

Afaik we have only ever gone up vs each other once for a league that you won by 37 points or something. Plus you didnt try to kill Pats or wreck our ground and surroundings. And the 40 goes from my house to your stadium which is nice.

Always brilliant but never nasty like the other 2 have been. One of my favourite games was Pats 3 Bohs 3 in mid 90s when Swan scored a hatrick and both sets of fans were in the Shed seperated by 1 movable rail.

My favourite was an FAI Cup semi final (I know, I know) replay back in 2003 that went to extra time in Richmond. It was a goal fest and just a cracking game all around. We pipped it AET. Honorable mention to Faheys last game with you before catching the magic plane. He was immense that night.

I always consider Pat's v Bohs a neighbourly derby whereas Shels just annoy me. I do not care for Tallaght FC in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bohs fans went up in my estimation yesterday.

Well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

My favourite was an FAI Cup semi final (I know, I know) replay back in 2003 that went to extra time in Richmond. It was a goal fest and just a cracking game all around. We pipped it AET. Honorable mention to Faheys last game with you before catching the magic plane. He was immense that night.

I always consider Pat's v Bohs a neighbourly derby whereas Shels just annoy me. I do not care for Tallaght FC in general.

I remember that one, if it had went the other way it would easily be up there as my favourite of all time, I remember it was a huge crowd for inchicore nearly sure 7,000 was quoted in the papers, cracking match, some lovely football played and some shocking defending also, this was back in the day when going to inchicore standing on the carmac was something to look forward to in the season, sadly the games just ain't the same there anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

major bill wrote: »
    I remember that one, if it had went the other way it would easily be up there as my favourite of all time, I remember it was a huge crowd for inchicore nearly sure 7,000 was quoted in the papers, cracking match, some lovely football played and some shocking defending also, this was back in the day when going to inchicore standing on the carmac was something to look forward to in the season, sadly the games just ain't the same there anymore

Crowd wise not the same but view from Camac is appalling, at least uncovered part of Shed is slightly better

My favourite was an FAI Cup semi final (I know, I know) replay back in 2003 that went to extra time in Richmond. It was a goal fest and just a cracking game all around. We pipped it AET.

Pretty sure we won that game 4-3 :confused:

Pretty sure we won that game 4-3 :confused:

That was 2007 my man. Another cracker of a game. Big Nose Hawkins scored on OG and Fahey killed us off. Here's a report.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/2003/1008/stpatsfaicup.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

I hope so, hopping from manager to manager isn't going to get us anywhere. I think Athlone will be poor enough to ensure we don't finish last anyway.

Athlone look a shoe in for relegatiopn already so that won't be an issue. Most of the other teams look fairly competitive with each other so anything else could happen. But my guess is it will be an up and down mid table ride this season.

That was 2007 my man. Another cracker of a game. Big Nose Hawkins scored on OG and Fahey killed us off. Here's a report.

http://m.rte.ie/sport/2003/1008/stpatsfaicup.html

Nope thats wrong Johnny mc was manager in 2007, the 4-3 we won was october 2003, Kenny was your manager at it :D

You thumped us 3 1 which i think you on about http://stpatsfc.com/report.php?report=295 in 08

Absolute pathetic performance from us, Fahey sulked on the wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A load of young lads in front of me at the match kept singing "Bohez, Celtic and Wrexham!" to 7 nation army! So fúcking cringey it was unreal! Celtic Symphony got sung as well! Seriously who were they there to support?

On the pitch I thought it was a big improvement on the previous weeks. I don't expect a win every week or even to always beat the teams around us but performances like that will see us do pretty well against them! Left full will be a problem for us this year. Reynor was torn a new one by Conan Byrne! At 1 all we went 442 and had a go but Pats took advantage of the extra space in the middle and scored twice. Forrester missed a sitter for them and we could have gotten another one or two as well!

Not liking the 3 o'clock K/O time on monday. Would rather another 7:45 game tbh but perhaps it's worth trying! A few tough games coming up! If we don't get much out of them, the 4 points we took off Athlone, Bray and Limerick will seem inadequate! You really should have been looking at 5/6 points at least from them 3

• Advertisement

Also Jason Byrne's goal is probably in the top 5 goals I've seen live!

BOHtox wrote: »
    Also Jason Byrne's goal is probably in the top 5 goals I've seen live!

10257200_10154163861310131_5128585470994341753_o.jpg

**** hates us :(

Lee Murphy was outstanding in goal. He must retain his spot. Undoubtably our man of the match.

Lee Murphy was outstanding in goal. He must retain his spot. Undoubtably our man of the match.

He is pretty impressive yeah. Greg Murray doing well for us, 5 clean sheets in 7 games including 2 peno saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Sligo up next at Dalymount tomorrow (3pm kick off)

Sligo are decent but nowhere near as prolific as they once were although 10 goals in two games kinda says otherwise!

Hopefully Dinny will be back for tomorrow.

Delaney is back from suspension but I'd definitely keep Murphy in!

• Advertisement

Lee was outstanding in Inchicore on Friday, he definitely deserves a chance to take the number 1 spot. Think we'll get a good crowd out?

I'd imagine only the usual hardcore of 1000 plus whatever Sligo bring

3 o clock on a bank holiday should be ideal to get a bumper crowd for a game, especially if the weather we've been having keeps up. Shame that it won't make a difference.

A few lads in my job are talking about getting a few lapsed fans back on track and creating a supporters club. About 8 or 9 of us in total. Meet up and have a pint and hit the game. We work only across from Dalyer. Hope it happens.

Was trawling back through loads of old threads and found this gem from one of our very own regular Gypsies. This was his first game only a few years ago. I'll leave the name out but you'll probably figure it out :p

Having just read this article, I find it hard to comprehend how the LOI or Airtricity League attracts new fans if this is the attitude towards people who support an English team.

Was at the opening Bohs game this season and got talking to a couple of lads we met in the pub beforehand.

General talk about football and I told him that I actually support Newcastle and just wanted to come along to a Bohs game to see what the league was all about.

The sh*t I got from your man. "Local pride", "English bastards" blah blah blah.

If this is the attitude of LOI fans then I can safely say that I'll never return to watch a game again if I'm just gonna get abused for supporting an English team.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I think I know that guy that you're talking about. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm certain I don't know who you're talking about.

:pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was an Premiership loving barstooler once as well in fairness

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I was an Premiership loving barstooler once as well in fairness

YOU MONSTER!!

Not a bad deal-3 home games for 30 euro

We’ve a special offer for supporters - admission to all THREE SSE Airtricity League games held at Dalymount Park next month for just €30 with our 3-in-1 ticket!

THREE GAMES FOR THE PRICE OF TWO

Standard match ticket costs €15 – this deal works out at €10 a game
    Standard cost of attending three games is €45 – you’ll save €15

THE GAMES

Friday May 2nd: Bohemians v Derry City
    Friday May 9th: Bohemians v UCD
    Friday May 30th: Bohemians v Dundalk

THE FINE PRINT

Tickets must be bought from turnstiles at Des Kelly Stand at the Derry City game – OR from from club office by Thursday May 1st
    Adult ticket only – student/concession/children’s prices remain unchanged
    Ticket is for all three games – cannot be split and used for multiple entries to one game
    League games only – does not include EA Sports tie v St Patrick’s Athletic

Yeah, a mate of mine who has come to a few games said he might take up the offer. Good bargain and might see a somewhat decent crowd in for the UCD game.

Hopefully we start playing a bit of ball to keep people coming back.

• Advertisement

LSC away to Rovers tonight. Fiver in for students, can't complain :P http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/3594-next-up-home-to-bohs

2 points dropped! Very few players showed that they were good enough. Moore had a great game! Muller, Devaney, Beattie and Walsh were all good too!

Kavanagh looks so disinterested. He showed no interest in the game unless it was handed to him on a plate. Hiding all game on the wing. He really should play behind the striker!

Why bring Walsh on for Devanney? Kavanagh and Jayo were anonymous! McEvoy is not at the races this year either!

If we had a go we'd have definitely won! Heary plays shockingly negative football too!

Thought Kavanagh was ok, he can definitely be a lazy bollox at times, but is very good on the ball and was happy enough with his performance last night.

Jayo had a bad night, though was clearly bolloxed from 60 minutes on. He can't play 90 minutes every week, especially up front on his own. Devaney should have gone up front and Jayo off.

McEvoy's been poor for awhile now, Walsh should have started ahead of him. Once Walsh was on we looked a lot more threatening. Looked to get on the ball and make things happen.

Agree on Heary, horribly negative since the Drogs game and showing little tactical ability.

With Athlone looking like they'll prop up the table, he should be given the season to show he can improve. Very disappointing season so far though, after such a promising start. We have the players to be playing better stuff, they almost seem afraid of the ball at times though.

Thought Kavanagh was ok, he can definitely be a lazy bollox at times, but is very good on the ball and was happy enough with his performance last night.

Jayo had a bad night, though was clearly bolloxed from 60 minutes on. He can't play 90 minutes every week, especially up front on his own. Devaney should have gone up front and Jayo off.

McEvoy's been poor for awhile now, Walsh should have started ahead of him. Once Walsh was on we looked a lot more threatening. Looked to get on the ball and make things happen.

Agree on Heary, horribly negative since the Drogs game and showing little tactical ability.

With Athlone looking like they'll prop up the table, he should be given the season to show he can improve. Very disappointing season so far though, after such a promising start. We have the players to be playing better stuff, they almost seem afraid of the ball at times though.

Have to be honest, didn't think you'd be in the relegation shakeup this year.

While Athlone should take the bottom spot barring a miracle, I think that the second bottom place this season would be all the more scary given that my bet would be Longford to be in that playoff position.

CSF wrote: »
    Have to be honest, didn't think you'd be in the relegation shakeup this year.

While Athlone should take the bottom spot barring a miracle, I think that the second bottom place this season would be all the more scary given that my bet would be Longford to be in that playoff position.

We wont be in the relegation mix IMO. We can play ball but so far it's just not coming together. I think a few good performances will see us raise up a bit. Another good win for North Dublin's No 2 last night was it?

What do ya'll think of the draw in the FAI Cup? Limerick City away. Could've been easier, could have been tougher.

What do ya'll think of the draw in the FAI Cup? Limerick City away. Could've been easier, could have been tougher.

Happy it's away. Would've preferred Cobh or Galway or something. Meh is my overall feeling about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

That_Guy wrote: »
    Happy it's away. Would've preferred Cobh or Galway or something. Meh is my overall feeling about it.

The draw away to Longford in the League Cup Quarter-Final is decent. Certainly gives Bohs a decent shot at making the semi-finals there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A side also struggling to score and set their season alight, away from Dalymount...good draw for Bohs. Had it been home to Limerick, I'd say it'd be a good draw for Limerick..both sides suited to play away from home..

• Advertisement

We wont be in the relegation mix IMO. We can play ball but so far it's just not coming together. I think a few good performances will see us raise up a bit. Another good win for North Dublin's No 2 last night was it?
    No you drew.

Number 1 had a probably not too well deserved, but greatly appreciated nonetheless 1 nil win.

Massive game tomorrow. Biggest in Irish football. Hope there's a big bohs contigent there.

I'd play a slightly different team than what we've been playing recently.

Delany

Anto... Byrne... Wearen... Pender

Beattie... Walsh... Muller... Moore

Kavanagh

Devanny

We need to attack them. We cannot sit back and contain them. We're liable to concede and make mistakes. At least this team has pace. 5 defenders, including Muller, playing a high defensive line and 5 attackers attacking rovers quickly and with pace is how I'd go.

I expect to see a 451 set up to get a draw and whose only real chances will come from optimistic crosses or a mistake at the back only to be not finished by Jayo. I hope to god I'm wrong on this paragraph though.

BTID

Agree. We definitely need to attack them, we can't defend so there's no point basing our game around it. Jayo looks bolloxed and needs a break (I'd have rested him against Drogs) Pity Dinny had to be an idiot and get suspended :rolleyes:. Walsh has to play, McEvoy needs to be dropped.

Expect Heary to do none of this.

Any of you nutcases heading down for the cup match? I'm staying in Galway the night before and buzzing down the following day. Thomond is a weird experience for LOI football, was there last year too. Still enjoyable though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Going down on the train...has the makings of been a mental trip

Due to the rearranged day, I can't make it. Pity. We always win when I'm not there though. ;)

• Advertisement

Bohs to take on Shamrock Rovers in the League Cup semi final on Monday August 4th. It's a bank holiday. Could be a good 'un.

I once knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew a guy who knew this guy's cousins who think we've Jake Kelly training with us at the moment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

He'd be a good addition. Probably better than both Moore and Devaney as LW options.

Heary's the only show in town. I think if we played like this from the off and perhaps had a striker and a left footed left back to add a bit of balance to the team we'd be right up there challenging. Wearen is immense in the middle! Lopes hasn't put a foot wrong and we've really tightened up defensively bar a few individual mistakes.

Is 5th anything in terms of Europe or anything? A serious target for us now would be that. And it would leave us for solid foundations going in to next year. We've a young squad and if we keep it together I think Europe could be a possibility.

I'm feeling real confident for the couple of cups we're in!

Last night's performance was very very good. Thought Anto Murphy had a blinder. That's the Bohs we know from being on the road, hopefully they play like that in Dalyer from now on. I still think Dinny is very hesitant in front of goal at times, would love to see him pull the trigger a little earlier to be honest. All in all, we were well worth the 2-0 and the 3pts also. Bring on the sc*m in the LC Semi, nothing to fear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement