Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC 2014 Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Corholio wrote: »
    How did Beattie do for ye this season? Word is he's coming to Cork. Have to say I didnt hear too many Bohs fans praising him throughout the course of the season, and he seems like a utility player, which is what we don't need next season. But interested to know anyway!

One of our best players this year.

Heary played him at right full a number of times. Why I don't know as we had other defensive options (I'd always play a defender out of position at the back rather than a midfielder).

He's a very offensive midfielder and to be honest he'd be one of the first I'd re-sign if we had any feckin' money.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Think his favoured position was striker but was rare he got a full 90 in that position, was mostly played at right wing/right back.

Great pace and ability on the ball, end product isn't always there but could be a symptom of being played out of position so much.

Has a great work ethic and will get stuck in, but tends to be a bit hot headed and will pick up bookings.

Would like to see him back next season and given a proper go up front, but wouldn't be surprised if he was picked up by a stronger club.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Corholio wrote: »
    How did Beattie do for ye this season? Word is he's coming to Cork. Have to say I didnt hear too many Bohs fans praising him throughout the course of the season, and he seems like a utility player, which is what we don't need next season. But interested to know anyway!
    I think Beattie is going to every one of the top 6 at this point. Hard to know where he'll end up.

Keith Long Announced as manager.

Did a great job with Athlone to be fair, taking over after 10 games without a single point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Keith Long Announced as manager.

Did a great job with Athlone to be fair, taking over after 10 games without a single point.
    It is a very different kind of job he is going into now though, interesting to see how he gets on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I'm happy with this appointment

I'm glad it wasn't Roddy for simple reasons he was there he had his go and has done nothing spectacular since, Bohs would have been a circus under him.

Long is a young manager who has done nothing wrong so far very unlucky with Athlone not to keep them up, sort of manager that might bring stability to Bohs

Best of luck to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

major bill wrote: »
    I'm happy with this appointment

I'm glad it wasn't Roddy for simple reasons he was there he had his go and has done nothing spectacular since, Bohs would have been a circus under him.

Long is a young manager who has done nothing wrong so far very unlucky with Athlone not to keep them up, sort of manager that might bring stability to Bohs

Best of luck to him

On the face of things probably a good move for both Bohemians and for Keith Long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think Keith Long is a decent manager for Bohs. Did well at Athlone last year in keeping them battling until the last game of the season. I think he'll do ok at Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good to see Long appointed. I hope he brings with him a better brand of football with him.

Good to get him in early so he can get to know players who will be staying on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

don't think Athlone did that great to be honest. 4 wins out of the last 23 games and they were chasing a stationary and leaky UCD for the whole final series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As per the LOI general rumours thread, reports of Dinny, Beattie and Devanney to Sligo. The exodus begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Omackeral wrote: »
    As per the LOI general rumours thread, reports of Dinny, Beattie and Devanney to Sligo. The exodus begins.
    All confirmed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Whatever about the other two, it's going to be a big job replacing Dinny.

Yep, for all his critics he had a super season for us, going to struggle to replace those goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The only positive I see from him leaving, is that we might score a few more penalties.

Had a pretty good season all the same.

Advertisement