Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset - audio through both tv and headset

Options
  • 18-02-2014 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I want to have the audio through the tv and the headset, so I dont have to keep going to the back of the tv to plug out the audio cable when I dont wana wear a headset.
    On the ps3 you could just choose audio output but there doesnt seem to be the option on ps4?:confused:

I was using a walker tv and when I plugged the headset into the tv it didnt send the audio only to the headset yet my new samsung tv does, doesnt seem to have an option to change it on the tv either.

I think I need one of these http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2x-RCA-Phono-Female-to-1x-3-5mm-Jack-Male-Audio-Adapter-/200372767193?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item2ea725c9d9

But would that still mean that Id need to keep unplugging it from the tv if I want the sound to come thru the tv aswell??

Its confusing I know but Id appreciate any help, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

i have a set of astro a50 using optical out, if im using my headset i mute my tv, otherwise tv outputs sound as normal, have you connected the set as the instructions advise, on my ps3 i had a few different headsets and all worked the same as ps4 does now through both speakers and headset, mute the tv as required, without really adjusting any settings, what headset are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What headset and what model Samsung, chances are the TV does have the option. If you plan to use the linked to adapter then it'll likely have the same result as if the TV does disable the built in speakers when using any others then it really will again when using a 3.5mm connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seems to be options for non-3.5mm connections in "MENU → Sound → Speaker Settings →" but I don't see any option in the manual for connecting headphones, and having both speaks and headphones work. The adapter you linked to will have the same issue.

The only other way to guaranteed that both work (sound from both for the PS3 only but not TV programs) is to connect the PS3 SD composite to the headset while still using HDMI for picture, the audio can be set to use both (composite & HDMI) or just the composite.

Advertisement