Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bothar Stiofain, Knocknacarra (Rahoon?)

Options
  • 18-02-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    looking at few properties lately and I wanna ask about an area that I'm not too familiar with, Bothar Stiofain

It's listed under "Knocknacarra" (to mee) , nearly Rahoon i'd say

I just would like to know if anybody knows the area.. if that is a "family" area.. I know it's far enough from NuiG and students parties!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

full of families,would be in the knocknacarra region . dont think any of the houses on it would be in rahoon although the road probably starts in rahoon, nothing wrong with the general area at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

i have a friend who lives on that road. She bought the house around 5 years ago. She loves the fact that it's on bus routes and is near Dunnes and there are lots of kids in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Knocknacarra is expanding again. Don't mention the great Rahoon/Knocknacarra naming wars! ;)
    Townland of Rahoon/Mincloon is huge. OP it is referred to as being in both areas often. Neither is a 'good or bad' area anymore, there is good and bad spots in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

it's a quiet residential area, the road is behind/west of Dunnes (Knocknacarra) and Aviva... they've recently installed speed bumps which might lower the speeds on the road...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a big hole there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

thanks guys, I do like "quiet residential area" and "full of families".. I drove around and seem to be a decent area, quite clean and kept well.. but I ve never spent a night there, so I wouldn't know!

Advertisement