Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a picture edit please?

• 18-02-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭

Could I ask please?

Could someone please edit this picture for me to remove all the background and just leave the Robin?

My editing skills aren't that good.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

iPaddyM wrote: »
    Could I ask please?

Could someone please edit this picture for me to remove all the background and just leave the Robin?

My editing skills aren't that good.

Thank you

Is there copyright on that photo?

birdsseeeart.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭iPaddyM

Possibly. I've no idea. The reason I ask is because I want to show it to an artist because I'm getting a Robin tattoo. I like this Robin and I'd like to show to the artist to give him an idea of what I want. The artist have draw up one for me, one sitting on a branch but I'd just like one on its own.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 twiw

I can do this for you, provided you get me the permission from the one who clicked this.
    As per link provided by bette.. his name is Stefan Willoughby

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Whatever about editing out the background, any artist shouldn't have any issue drawing an image up and ignore the background due to the bokeh, this probably falls under fair use. However we don't have a fair use provision here in Ireland at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

5uspect wrote: »
    Whatever about editing out the background, any artist shouldn't have any issue drawing an image up and ignore the background due to the bokeh, this probably falls under fair use. However we don't have a fair use provision here in Ireland at the moment.

It's a photo of a Robin for Gawdsakes, she's just using it for her own personal pleasure. She's not using it commercially, - and anyway, nobody holds the copyright on nature!

Why don't you just send the link to the artist in question? ;)

• Advertisement

shiftkey wrote: »
    It's a photo of a Robin for Gawdsakes, she's just using it for her own personal pleasure. She's not using it commercially, - and anyway, nobody holds the copyright on nature!

Why don't you just send the link to the artist in question? ;)

Personally don't really care, nor do I see a problem here, I was simply expanding on bette's post. People can get very protective about their copyright so it's best to be aware of the law to some degree. This is a copyrighted image and the law, as annoying as it can be, applies.

Ultimately the tattoo artist shouldn't really have to see a version with the background removed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Do it old-school, print it out cut around it then put it on a white sheet of paper and scan it in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭shiftkey

This is all a load of nonsense! If the tattoo artist can't draw a Robin, then go to one that can. Doh!

Alright, I think this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement