Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Services Ombudsman - How Reliable?

• 18-02-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anyone had any doubt about the reliability of the FSO? I ask this because of a recent experience which I still cant get my head around. I recently made some inquiries about what to do in what I consider an unfair dealing by my bank when I applied for a financial product some time back. In hindsight, I guess I probably gave the FSO too much info about myself and my bank. However, they referred me to the Consumer Protection Agency as they are not an 'advisory service.' The amazing part is that when I went to my bank the following week I was informed that it was already noted on their system that I had made inquiries on the issue (the staff actually showed me the screen so I could see the note put in). The fact is that I did not contact my bank before the FSO and I did not give any detail to the consumer agency (I still have the e-mail I sent to the CPA).

What is going on people? Are we all fish in a pond fed by the financial institutions with the FSO as their guard dog? Has anyone had any experience on this? :eek:

Comments

Advertisement