Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accurate and exhaustive is the NGA COVERAGE MAP

Options
  • 18-02-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

The NGA COVERAGE MAP located here seems to show all cabinets, whether live or planned. I am in an area where all cabinets are live, and yet I do not have the possibility of getting fibre. All of the planned cabinets within a few mile radius of me are further away than any of the live cabinets, which leads me to believe that my situation will not change once they are commissioned.

So, my question is... does this map illustrate some view of reality, or is there a possibility that my service will improve in some reasonable timeframe, say 12 - 18 months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    The NGA COVERAGE MAP located here seems to show all cabinets, whether live or planned. I am in an area where all cabinets are live, and yet I do not have the possibility of getting fibre. All of the planned cabinets within a few mile radius of me are further away than any of the live cabinets, which leads me to believe that my situation will not change once they are commissioned.

So, my question is... does this map illustrate some view of reality, or is there a possibility that my service will improve in some reasonable timeframe, say 12 - 18 months?
    Hi gerryk

I'm unable to advise on this map as it is based on a wholesale level only however If you wish to PM me your address then I will check for efibre plans to your area/line.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Appreciate it Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi Alan... I haven't heard anything back yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

gerryk wrote: »
    Hi Alan... I haven't heard anything back yet.
    Apologies gerryk

Just sent you a PM there

Thanks

Al

Advertisement