Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are horses on a hunt allowed on my land to hunt?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Only allowed if you give them permission. I know a farmer who successfully sued a hunt for going through his land without permission. About 40 horses running at speed. Wrecked the fields. A financial settlement was reached. Cld not believe the arrogance of the t he hunt as they knew they had no permission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

mf240 wrote: »
    Some pretty bad experiences here too but when I stood up to them they have copped on,

By the way someone said farmers think of snobs on horses, but to be honest theres another group of people that are associated with horses, and thats what the hunt remind me of.

yeah i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Only allowed if you give them permission. I know a farmer who successfully sued a hunt for going through his land without permission. About 40 horses running at speed. Wrecked the fields. A financial settlement was reached. Cld not believe the arrogance of the t he hunt as they knew they had no permission

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

OP, Did they turn up around your place over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Shoot at them, if they have an accident they cansue you so better scar them off, rotten bunch

Complete bull and stupid advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Pf85

With some good advice there is unfortunately somewhat a mix of poor advice and usual ranting about "huntin' going on.

The problem is that everyone gets showered with the same verbiage whether they are genuine or not.
    The crowd you describe hunting on foot are coming across from the UK on foot with hounds. In my experience these groups have no local connection, don't ask permission and are hunting over areas that have been traditionally hunted by locals.

On foot and with hounds they have no more right to entry especially in that they have no connection or agreement and and can't be pursued if things go wrong ie they will hot foot if needs be.

It is unlikely that this group actually hunt on foot and horseback. Generally hunting with hounds is one or the other rarely if ever both.

Sounds like this bunch were chancing their arm. Hounds or otherwise I would tell them to sling their hook.

Around my area - locals - mainly farmers and rural people hunt (with horses) and have built up good relationships with other landowners who don't necessarily hunt and who don't take kindly to groups arriving with the expectation of going hunting just because they think they can.

Hunting here is always by agreement. Any group on foot like that are chancing their arm. The 'horse' story sounds like a load of bollichs tbh.

If you have a genuine hunt locally - I would contact them and ask do they anything about this, most hunts in Ireland both North and South are or have finished up especially with the weather we are having,

I would also be concerned that that bunch are not what they say they are as well. Report them to the psni. If necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

The ones that invade here have no local connection either, they travel about 20 miles but think they can keep comming back trespassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Base price

GY A1 wrote: »
    The ones that invade here have no local connection either, they travel about 20 miles but think they can keep comming back trespassing.
    You could contact the Hunting Association of Ireland which. Their members are registered and insured.
    They maybe able to assist you.
    http://www.hai.ie/

Advertisement