Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

integrated dish washers

Options
  • 18-02-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    looking for any good deals out there on integrated dishwashers...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 userjohn

Am looking myself. Was interested in this one

http://www.did.ie/bosch-fully-integrated-dishwasher-smv50c00gb-prd

It's on "sale" for that price of €399 at a lot of places so might be end of line and not necessarily a bargain. I was looking at a bosch or other reliable make.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 figgisp

Hi
    I recently did alot of research into this as we had an integrated dishwasher for 8 years which gave up so 2 years ago we needed to replace it. Replaced it with a Hotpoint one at a cost of over €400 which stop working after only 2 years. Had it checked out and the motor was completely gone which was €250 to replace.

It obviously wasn't worth my while paying that much for a part so researched and the cheapest one I found just two weeks ago is €259 in Powercity

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-17-M4012I

I hadn't heard of the name but to be honest at the same price as replacing the motor in a two year old Hotpoint and getting a 4 year parts and warranty with this new one it is a no brainer. I've learnt my lesson forking out higher prices for branded names that clearly don't stand up when you break down the costs. We weren't even heavy users of the previous one, once a day/every second day so there was no reason it should have only lasted 2 years.

Since it's integrated, you don't see the brand name behind the cabinet door anyway!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I bought the cheapest integrated dishwasher I could find in, which happened to be in Argos, which at the time was a Bush WQP12-9348 Euro220 delivered.
    I got it about 4 years ago. Its been on every second day since without a hitch.
    So I would second the suggestion, go for the cheapest dishwasher.
    Breaks, ditch, replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

figgisp wrote: »
    Hi
    I recently did alot of research into this as we had an integrated dishwasher for 8 years which gave up so 2 years ago we needed to replace it. Replaced it with a Hotpoint one at a cost of over €400 which stop working after only 2 years. Had it checked out and the motor was completely gone which was €250 to replace.

It obviously wasn't worth my while paying that much for a part so researched and the cheapest one I found just two weeks ago is €259 in Powercity

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=45-17-M4012I

I hadn't heard of the name but to be honest at the same price as replacing the motor in a two year old Hotpoint and getting a 4 year parts and warranty with this new one it is a no brainer. I've learnt my lesson forking out higher prices for branded names that clearly don't stand up when you break down the costs. We weren't even heavy users of the previous one, once a day/every second day so there was no reason it should have only lasted 2 years.

Since it's integrated, you don't see the brand name behind the cabinet door anyway!

Best of luck

You can be unlucky, we have our Hotpoint 24 years & its still going strong

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a Zanussi one here and hate it.
    I have a hotpoint one in the other house for 9 years and it is brilliant,never let me down so going to replace the one here with a hotpoint one.
    Powercity hace some reasonable ones,a local shop here sells Candy ones with 7 year warrantee.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Hi all,
    looking for any good deals out there on integrated dishwashers...
    thanks
    Next Arrnotts warehouse clearence sale in their warehouse up in Santry,which is in 2 weeks time,8th and 9th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

had a belling one with 3 yr warranty ... packed in at 3 yrs and 1 month old. called the repair man.. said needed new motor/electronics ...cost 200 ish.. he also advised to get the cheapest in argos ( beko at the time ) or whereever... he said beko is actually an ok brand now....anyway wife overruled and we got a siemens or bosch one no..

Advertisement