Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot/travel cot for 3 month old.

• 18-02-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

My son will be 3 months old on Friday and where looking at getting him a cot seeing as hes getting bit big for the auld moses basket plus he never really liked it anyway :pac:.

Ive been looking online and in the shop but problem i have is the space and what where able to buy at the moment.

See where kinda between houses at the minute until somewhere full time is sorted hopefully sooner rather then later so whatever we buy would have to be flexible and both our rooms are small!.

The thing is hes a big lad off the top of my head i dont know is weight but hes already wearing 3-6 month clothes etc.

So im looking at some of these travel cots and thinking is he to heavy for the raised bassinettes that come with most seeing as he cant sleep on the bottom of a cot just yet.

Heres an example of two i was looking at just so people can see what i mean

http://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-patchwork-garden-bassinette-travel-cot.html

http://www.toys.ie/Graco-Contour-Electra-Travel-Cot-Lake-!133613-prd.aspx

Both mention that the raised section is for up to 3 months or 6.5 kg / 14.3 pounds.

So for anyone who may or may not of been in a similar position any ideas or advice ? I have seen a few in store as well but going to have a proper look today hopefully.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oops I'm sure I used the bassinette longer than 3 months.. But anyway! U have the graco contour - excellent really - only prob with using a travel cot is that it's just a lower level which means bending a lot and can be tricky if ur trying to settle them and then have to lean in to out them down - they always start to cry in our house then!
    Depending on when u plan on getting moved etc u could buy a second hand crib? Smaller than a cot but bigger than a basket - could resell then when want a cot? They only good til about 8 months tho so wouldn't buy u a huge amount extra time but could save ur back for a few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

dublinlady wrote: »
    Oops I'm sure I used the bassinette longer than 3 months.. But anyway! U have the graco contour - excellent really - only prob with using a travel cot is that it's just a lower level which means bending a lot and can be tricky if ur trying to settle them and then have to lean in to out them down - they always start to cry in our house then!
    Depending on when u plan on getting moved etc u could buy a second hand crib? Smaller than a cot but bigger than a basket - could resell then when want a cot? They only good til about 8 months tho so wouldn't buy u a huge amount extra time but could save ur back for a few months!

Went and bought the Graco today in the end he seems to have plenty of space in it as he loves to stretch out. It seems like will hold grand for the moment weight wise as well.

Putting the thing together took ages the first time though the parts u have to click down at the top and bottom were a pain in the arse :pac:. Hope not like that everytime bring it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Went and bought the Graco today in the end he seems to have plenty of space in it as he loves to stretch out. It seems like will hold grand for the moment weight wise as well.

Putting the thing together took ages the first time though the parts u have to click down at the top and bottom were a pain in the arse :pac:. Hope not like that everytime bring it somewhere.

The knack is to have the centre of the base still pulled up a bit when locking the sides - if the base is fully flattened the 4 sides don't all click in easy!! Wish someone had told me that and saved me the effort!! But it's great - my 9 month and 2 year old both sleep in it well - not together obvs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

dublinlady wrote: »
    The knack is to have the centre of the base still pulled up a bit when locking the sides - if the base is fully flattened the 4 sides don't all click in easy!! Wish someone had told me that and saved me the effort!! But it's great - my 9 month and 2 year old both sleep in it well - not together obvs :)

Thank s I'll read over this again next time haha :-)

Advertisement