Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Order (PS4 Exclusive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

weiland79 wrote: »

The consensus seems to be that it is not worth it, you will be able to pick it up for about €20 in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

People are saying it only has 5 hours of game play, 5 hours? May as well be a demo

Shams wrote: »
    People are saying it only has 5 hours of game play, 5 hours? May as well be a demo

It has 2 hours of unskippable cutscenes, otherwise it could be beaten in under 3 hours, if the story was good it would be something, but alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ive been watching Lirik playing it on Twitch for the last few hours, very cinematic. I like the era and idea but the story is a bit Meh. Graphics are superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

been watching gameplay of it by dansgaming (love that dude haha)

reminds me of metal gear solid with the long cutscenes
    graphics look superb, really shows what the ps4 can do, but gameplay looks terrible and story is not really interesting for me, couple that with the 5hours it apparently is in length I can see this hitting the bargain bin fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just played it for 5 hours, at chapter 11. Will finish it tomorrow and trade it in quick.

The most boring game I have played in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

rizzla wrote: »
    Just played it for 5 hours, at chapter 11. Will finish it tomorrow and trade it in quick.

The most boring game I have played in a long while.

Please dont say you pre ordered it.

Shams wrote: »
    Please dont say you pre ordered it.

God no. I had no intention of ever playing this game but I picked up the PS4 bundle in argos for €350.

• Read an article this morning that there's a 256 page strategy guide for this...good god as if the game doesn't hold your hand enough

Just traded it in there. Quickest I've ever traded in a game before.

Got €38 in CEX. So technically got my PS4 and TLOU for, €312. Thank you Argos.

It's a very easy Platinum if anyone cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Read an article this morning that there's a 256 page strategy guide for this...good god as if the game doesn't hold your hand enough

250 pages of the guide is story telling ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It sounds like a launch title from what I'm hearing; a technical showcase but little more which is unfortunate. It reminds me of the Penny Dreadful TV series in terms of the setting, characters and subject matter which makes me resent the poor reports even more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The PS4 equivalent of Ryse so, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It's games like this that Xtra-Visions 3 day rental for a tenner were made for.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Batesy wrote: »

Wait, xtravision are renting PS4 games now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wait, xtravision are renting PS4 games now ?

For a few weeks now

I finished this a few hours ago. It is short but I enjoyed it. Visually amazing, story was okay and I thought the gameplay was solid. I think a lot of the reviews are being a bit too harsh on it. My only complaint is that it could have been a few hours longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Agree with you. Its not as bad as its being made out to be. Quite enjoyed it myself. Rented it also.

• Batesy wrote: »

Agree, I still want to play it but no way I'm going to fork out 60 squids for it. Rental for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

rizzla wrote: »
    Just traded it in there. Quickest I've ever traded in a game before.

Got €38 in CEX. So technically got my PS4 and TLOU for, €312. Thank you Argos.

It's a very easy Platinum if anyone cares.

You would have got 55/60 for it on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I'm renting it in my local tomorrow and if they don't have any I may file a few DVDs where they shouldn't be in protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Batesy wrote: »
    I'm renting it in my local tomorrow and if they don't have any I may file a few DVDs where they shouldn't be in protest.

Some people just want to see the world burn

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I finished this a few hours ago. It is short but I enjoyed it. Visually amazing, story was okay and I thought the gameplay was solid. I think a lot of the reviews are being a bit too harsh on it. My only complaint is that it could have been a few hours longer.

I have to agree. I went in with such low expectations and was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed it. I cant remember a game so consistent from beginning to end with this level of production quality and overall sheen, the atmosphere never lets up. I thought the story and pacing were top notch for the most part, and the gunplay once it got going was quality, that shoty god damn, and the termite and ark guns. Its criminal to give give this anything lower that an 8/10 imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Rented this thanks to the offer i signed up in my local xtravsion of unlimited games retail for €15 euros a month.

I am about 5 hours into it now and the game is no way as bad as people are making it out to be as i am really enjoying it now. The 1st hour was extremely boring and bad but once the game got going and the gun fights started it came into its own.

I turned it off there for a few hours there but it has made me change my mind and come back for more :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Played this for 30 min to an hour. Sorry to disagree but I've rarely reacted as violently against any other game.
    Hate it. Just one qte after another, nothing of substance for me to get my teeth into. If it wasn't a present I'd be furious at myself for wasting my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bought this second hand a month or so ago and finally had time to get into it after Batman. Started it Tuesday and finished it tonight.

Just going to say I enjoyed it but there is no way I could recommend someone to purchase it. There's just not enough in it to really want it. The most disappointing thing is it really just ends. It had absolutely no right to end where it did, it didn't conclude the story in any way.

So on the positives the game looks incredible, easily the best looking game and it'll take some doing to be topped.
    The acting is really good too.
    The gunplay is solid although the aim is a bit annoying at times.

Negatives
    The story isn't concluded at all.
    It's ridiculously easy
    There isn't enough gameplay.
    The game itself just needs to be improved. More varied shootouts (small/big areas), varied enemies, improve stealth, just general improvements against "beasts".
    The supernatural really annoyed me actually. I wanted to fear them similar to the Alien in Isolation but they just took a bit more damage and a final stab. Those encounters should have been how that E3 (I think) demo presented it, where you were running away from it.

Even with the negatives I actually enjoyed the game but it definitely felt like a tech demo. Even inspecting the random items felt purely like "Hey, check out the detail". They added practically nothing to the game bar the odd newspaper.

Also a really easy platinum as you'll do the majority in your playthrough and whatever you miss, you can just replay from chapter select which also has a checkpoint select.

Just to end this post (which has been way longer than expected) I really do hope we see a sequel. I like the lead character, I liked the acting, the tech is there. It already looks incredible. Just focus on making it a bit quicker and adding a hell of a lot more gameplay.

Finished this twice in one night, first by myself and then to show my roommate, it honestly reminded me of The Bouncer, as it was the only other game I have ever finished twice in one night on a modern console, I could of actually finished it three times if I had the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I am interested in playing this. The setting appeals to me as does the cinematic approach.

I'm just waiting until the price drops to about €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I am interested in playing this. The setting appeals to me as does the cinematic approach.

I'm just waiting until the price drops to about €20.

I got for €24 on Amazon a few months back, it's gone back up though. Thaat was from a third part seller.

Not a bad game, fantastic production quality all round and no flaws in it anywhere. Some chapters are a cutscene with you walking from point A to B without having to do anything and then another cutscene.

Even from the early E3 demos you could see this game was lacking that certain something and that is how the finished game is.

Still graphically its the first true next gen game for the PS4.

Advertisement