Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Jose going too far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

It's okay for a team like Chelsea with no real long standing good reputation and prestige in the game. At clubs like United, Liverpool, Real, Barca etc... things like that really matter. He's at the right club, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'll make it clearer so, I couldnt give a f**k what he says or who he upsets as long as he wins games and trophies.

You've already made that quite clear!
    you'll struggle to find Chelsea fans who do care either way, they're certainly the miniority.
    I made basically the same comment on the Man City Barcelona thread, and had a few who strongly disagreed with it, insisting it was to deflect attention away from their players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

It's okay for a team like Chelsea with no real long standing good reputation and prestige in the game. At clubs like United, Liverpool, Real, Barca etc... things like that really matter. He's at the right club, really.
    Ouch:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The British media's hankering over him is embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Wenger seems to be going through a phase of getting an easy ride from the press and public - talk of him being a debonair gentleman manager, proper sportsman etc.

If Mourinho came out with the stuff Wenger has in the last 24 hours (making pathetic diving motions to the fourth official after Robben had been taken out of it by his goalkeeper, ludicrous assertions of how his team should have been 3up before Munich scored, talk of the referee spoiling the game with a correct sending off, conveniently failing to spot his dismissed player making wanker gestures) then Jose would be getting castigated to high heaven by everyone and how he is a poisonous influence on football.

They are ultimately all a shower of objectionable *%$*&s, Wenger, Mourinho, Manuel 'cheating Swedes' Pelligrini, Moyes, though all will go through phases of being the apparent good guy. Likely that Sherwood, Rodgers and the rest will prove to be the same in the future.

Wenger seems to be going through a phase of getting an easy ride from the press and public - talk of him being a debonair gentleman manager, proper sportsman etc.

If Mourinho came out with the stuff Wenger has in the last 24 hours (making pathetic diving motions to the fourth official after Robben had been taken out of it by his goalkeeper, ludicrous assertions of how his team should have been 3up before Munich scored, talk of the referee spoiling the game with a correct sending off, conveniently failing to spot his dismissed player making wanker gestures) then Jose would be getting castigated to high heaven by everyone and how he is a poisonous influence on football.

They are ultimately all a shower of objectionable *%$*&s, Wenger, Mourinho, Manuel 'cheating Swedes' Pelligrini, Moyes, though all will go through phases of being the apparent good guy. Likely that Sherwood, Rodgers and the rest will prove to be the same in the future.

It's usually all heat of the moment stuff with Wenger though, and that's the major difference between Mourinho and the rest of those guys.

I don't think he has crossed any line, but fck me he's tedious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Who gives a bo**ocks about reputation, success breeds contempt so the more people that dont like chelsea the better, they're doing something right.

He is the right club thank christ and long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Good grief!

If he was at your club you'd be calling him King Jose, Master of Mind Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

It's nonsense to claim Mourinho's antics are making neutrals dislike Chelsea. I've been supporting Chelsea before anyone heard of the man from Porto, and there were plenty of people who hated the club. People who want to dislike a club, player or manager will find something to dislike them for, and Mou being a bit rude about people is a convenient pretext.

Is it professional? Not in my opinion. Does it distract attention from his own players? Possibly. Does it put experienced managers like Wenger and Pellegrini off their game? I doubt it.

On balance, I think it's a negative trait, and I wish he didn't do it. But the positive contribution that he usually makes to a team outweighs his controversial comments.

mitosis wrote: »
    Good grief!

If he was at your club you'd be calling him King Jose, Master of Mind Games.

Sure pal. I was very vocal about not wanting him at my club when a lot of United fans seemed to want him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Sure pal. I was very vocal about not wanting him at my club when a lot of United fans seemed to want him.

Good for you. You can keep David Moyes, we'll keep Mourinho, enjoy the Europa League if ye get there.

I also love how you mentioned United as a club who wouldn't put up with someone like Jose, give it a rest, they'd name a stand after him FFS.

Essien wrote: »
    Good for you. You can keep David Moyes, we'll keep Mourinho, enjoy the Europa League if ye get there.

I also love how you mentioned United as a club who wouldn't put up with someone like Jose, give it a rest, they'd name a stand after him FFS.

More power to you, i'd probably love him myself if i was a Chelsea supporter, but i'm not. I support a club with a proud history and a long tradition of upstanding behaviour, and to many that is worth protecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

More power to you, i'd probably love him myself if i was a Chelsea supporter, but i'm not. I support a club with a proud history and a long tradition of upstanding behaviour, and to many that is worth protecting.

Who is this fine upstanding club you speak of my good sir ?

And a mighty fine club it is. Certainly not one who would employ a manager with such little class that he would verbally provoke his fellow professionals at each and every opportunity. Not Manchester United, no way they'd do that.

Bottom line is, when the successful **** stirrer manages the club you support, you don't care once they're winning. That's not just you, that's everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Not another one on this forum giving history lessons

The fcuking place is like the history channel whenever Chelsea are doing well.

no matter who you support* there will be plenty of examples of your club acting the bollox.

I don't think Chelsea are worse than the rest, or even that Mourinho is worse than the rest. I just think some fans are too quick to give too much credit to his comments.

*except UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Who gives a bo**ocks about reputation, success breeds contempt so the more people that dont like chelsea the better, they're doing something right.

He is the right club thank christ and long may it continue.

Do you not think that things apart from winning matches are of importance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

United fans didn't care about Rooney's granny shagging or Ronaldo's diving as long as they won games.

Barca and Real have some fairly despicable divers/fakers in their team. Their fans dont care.

Liverpool fans frankly delight in the ****storm that Suarez creates. You see posts all the time in the Liverpool thread about it. "I love him! never change!" etc. etc.

So really, you are talking rubbish here. The bottom line is, fans don't care. If an axe murdered scored 40 goals a season, they would love him regardless. The club is irrelevant. Fans are the same everywhere.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    United fans didn't care about Rooney's granny shagging or Ronaldo's diving as long as they won games.

Barca and Real have some fairly despicable divers/fakers in their team. Their fans dont care.

Liverpool fans frankly delight in the ****storm that Suarez creates. You see posts all the time in the Liverpool thread about it. "I love him! never change!" etc. etc.

So really, you are talking rubbish here. The bottom line is, fans don't care. If an axe murdered scored 40 goals a season, they would love him regardless. The club is irrelevant. Fans are the same everywhere.

Rooney doing what he has done in his spare time is out of United's control. Ronaldo's diving was not tolerated at United and we saw how he cleaned his act up. Interestingly enough, this creeped back into his game under Mourinho.

Liverpool fans accept Suarez because they have fallen off as a top club of late, they are quite simply desperate and he represents their best chance of getting CL football back.

Of course there are glory hunters who care more about bragging rights down the pub than a clubs reputation, i am not denying these people exist, but trust me, proper fans care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Interesting the way this thread is gone.

I've always been interested in notions of morality inherent in football.

Are we saying here that it doesn't matter what Jose does as long as he wins. Or rather there is a place for morality but once you're winning first?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Rooney doing what he has done in his spare time is out of United's control. Ronaldo's diving was not tolerated at United and we saw how he cleaned his act up. Interestingly enough, this creeped back into his game under Mourinho.

Liverpool fans accept Suarez because they have fallen off as a top club of late, they are quite simply desperate and he represents their best chance of getting CL football back.

Of course there are glory hunters who care more about bragging rights down the pub than a clubs reputation, i am not denying these people exist, but trust me, proper fans care.

hahahaha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So everytime your manager/ex managers have said negative (often below the belt) remarks about fellow players managers etc... You have been disgusted with it?

So everytime your manager/ex managers have said negative (often below the belt) remarks about fellow players managers etc... You have been disgusted with it?

Not overly disgusted, because a lot of these things are said in the heat of the moment, rather than incessant, calculated insults in press conferences. But for sure there have been times when i felt Sir Alex let United down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement

trust me, proper fans care.

They don't. I don't. At least not to any great extent.

I'd rather the worst scumbag in the world scoring 25 goals a season for my club than the nicest guy in the country scoring 15.

Just the same as I'd prefer he was a local lad, but not unless he's just as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sport which is supposed to be all about camaraderies and ethics, is very much win or be worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mourinho's been caught out big time. As much as i dont like him though, i think journalists leaking private coversations is terrible form and completely unethical.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Mourinho's been caught out big time. As much as i dont like him though, i think journalists leaking private coversations is terrible form and completely unethical.

true.

but this has been coming, and for whatever reason he has been going uber ridiculous this season.

I just think he thought he was in front of the usual Chelsea press conference gang, and not an actual good bunch of journos.

the guys pompous will eat itself eventually.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88584831

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Agueroooo wrote: »
    true.

but this has been coming, and for whatever reason he has been going uber ridiculous this season.

I just think he thought he was in front of the usual Chelsea press conference gang, and not an actual good bunch of journos.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88584831
    did you quote yourself in the hope your quoted posts would get more likes?!:o:pac:

• Advertisement

1899899_10201364951864159_242038381_n.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »
    1899899_10201364951864159_242038381_n.jpg
    article-2523442-1A1513C100000578-955_634x429.jpg
    Jose-Mourinho-Gestures111210R300.jpg
    jose-mourinho-september-13_1194944.jpg?w=624

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'm just embarrassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

My, what a big brush you have.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Panthro wrote: »
    did you quote yourself in the hope your quoted posts would get more likes?!:o:pac:

Nah I could just see something coming for weeks.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Nah I could just see something coming for weeks.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........
    Can you giz the winning lotto numbers for this week?!
    I jest of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Canal + camera man who filmed him as he was critisizing his players is certain that Mourinho knew he was being filmed.

He was 10m away focused on Jose. Camera had a red light indicating recording and the camera man made no attempt to hide what he was doing.

I got this from l'equipe but can't link as I'm on my mobile

Ten metres, that's what 30 foot roughly? Do well to spot a tiny red light on a camera from there. I smell shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

greendom wrote: »
    The Canal + camera man who filmed him as he was critisizing his players is certain that Mourinho knew he was being filmed.

He was 10m away focused on Jose. Camera had a red light indicating recording and the camera man made no attempt to hide what he was doing.

I got this from l'equipe but can't link as I'm on my mobile

That sounds ridiculous to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

You would expect a cameraman, before an interview, to point his camera at the subject. He might even do a few practice shots, so don't really think this can be turned back on Mourinho, particularly when the camera was a decent distance away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Sure wasn't Andy gray caught out similarly? Different context but same results mourinho can have no complaints, he still said it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Saying Mancini left him a 5 a side team at Inter, I swear he's like something out of the WWE. He'll be calling out The Rock and The Undertaker at this rate.

cson wrote: »
    Saying Mancini left him a 5 a side team at Inter, I swear he's like something out of the WWE. He'll be calling out The Rock and The Undertaker at this rate.

Mancini took a snipe at Jose, making out Jose inherited the Inter team from him that went on to win the CL. Jose pointed out:
    ‘It’s funny because my team in the final had Lucio, Thiago Motta, Diego Milito, Samuel Eto’o, Goran Pandev and Wesley Sneijder.
    'From 11 players, he didn’t work with six of them. So he made a five-a-side team because I played with only five players from his team.’

What did you expect, Jose to agree with Roberto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    Mancini took a snipe at Jose, making out Jose inherited the Inter team from him that went on to win the CL. Jose pointed out:

What did you expect, Jose to agree with Roberto?
    Never let a selecrive quote get in the way of good story, ya should know that :pac:

Never let a selecrive quote get in the way of good story, ya should know that :pac:

Jose can't fart but someone will have something to say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

I'm loving this. Jose the premier leagues biggest media whore has been shopped by the media. He then goes on to talk of standards, the very many who has poked another man's eye while hiding behind someone. Jose I think it's time to STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

ArielAtom wrote: »
    I'm loving this. Jose the premier leagues biggest media whore has been shopped by the media. He then goes on to talk of standards, the very many who has poked another man's eye while hiding behind someone. Jose I think it's time to STFU.

Fabregas' interview after the City game was brilliant.

"Some people talking a bit too much, and now they will have to shut up for a few days"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cson wrote: »

Pity for Inter that he couldn`t even manage that when he left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Advertisement