Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Jose going too far?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I've never understood the love for Mourinho tbh. The man is pure poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Le Requin wrote: »
    I've never understood the love for Mourinho tbh. The man is pure poison.

It's the british tabloid media. Everytime Mou wins it's tactical genius, everytime they lose it's down to the lack of heart from the players. He's a master at mind games. That's the image he's got and every story and report must fulfil that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

cson wrote: »
    Saying Mancini left him a 5 a side team at Inter, I swear he's like something out of the WWE. He'll be calling out The Rock and The Undertaker at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

José Mourinho has claimed Ramires's ugly foul and red card in Saturday's Premier League defeat at Aston Villa was largely borne of frustration at the referee Chris Foy's slapdash performance
    What was wrong with Foy's performance? Matic's goal rightly ruled out. Willian rightly got a second yellow (raising your arms up in innocence doesn't absolve you of running into the back of a player...) and Ramires was rightly sent off.

Common consensus is that referees are judged on big decisions and Foy got three out of three correct, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

J. Marston wrote: »
    What was wrong with Foy's performance? Matic's goal rightly ruled out. Willian rightly got a second yellow (raising your arms up in innocence doesn't absolve you of running into the back of a player...) and Ramires was rightly sent off.

Common consensus is that referees are judged on big decisions and Foy got three out of three correct, in my opinion.

I thought Willian's second yellow was harsh, could have gone either way, while Villa should have had a man sent off. That aside, the disallowed goal and Ramires red were justified.

While no doubt frustrating, neither of his mistakes were all that outrageous. A harsh yellow and not sending a debatable last man off is pretty much par for the course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Uggh mourinho was great crack in his first spell at chelsea now he is unbearable. League is rid of one classless manager in ferguson and is replaced by this guy.
    His insistence on playing down chelsea title chances is bordering on idiotic at this stage too,who does he think he is kidding.

Great manager no doubt but just zip it jose please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

GavRedKing wrote: »

It really doesnt matter what any other set of fans think, neutral, rival, it doesnt matter a jot, as long as Jose has the Chelsea fans on side thats all that matters, his antics and actions can wind up everyone for all I care, as long as hes doing a good job results wise, thats all that matters in football.

But what happens if Chelsea finish the season empty handed? Which is a big possibility.

Can you still over look his flaws? Can you still say you don't care?

He is no doubt a great manager but one that I feel is very tiresome and one that will bring down the reputation of any club especially from the neutrals point of view, if he fails to bring silverware the shine will quickly fade of Eamon Dunphy esque quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jesus, the way José is talking about the ref you would think there was a game on tonight that he's trying to deflect attention away from...oh wait...
    Ramires yes fair enough, but willians second yellow was s farce. No more than a foul and free kick and a gentle reminder he's on a yellow.
    I dont think cm any Blues fans expected Chelsea to be where they are right now tbh. A good showing in the league and a place in the top four would have been dandy for most at the start of the campaign.
    can't see José expecting a whole lot more than that either tbh.
    If that is the case, we're on course.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

all unfolding beautifully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Panthro wrote: »
    Jesus, the way José is talking about the ref you would think there was a game on tonight that he's trying to deflect attention away from...oh wait...
    Ramires yes fair enough, but willians second yellow was s farce. No more than a foul and free kick and a gentle reminder he's on a yellow.
    I dont think cm any Blues fans expected Chelsea to be where they are right now tbh. A good showing in the league and a place in the top four would have been dandy for most at the start of the campaign.
    can't see José expecting a whole lot more than that either tbh.
    If that is the case, we're on course.

You really can't be serious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's bizarre that Chelsea fans think the Willian sending off was a farce. It was harsh at worst but you see cards given out for that type of cynical foul in most games. He gave the ref a decision to make so he can have no complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Jose has them brainwashed. The vast sums they spent this year, and they would've been happy with top 4? Nonsense.

They weren't exactly starting from scratch either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Personally I expected us to finish 2nd at the start of the year, never once expected the league, still don't either.

Essien wrote: »
    Personally I expected us to finish 2nd at the start of the year, never once expected the league, still don't either.

Even with a blunt strike force, you are having a laugh if you think Chelsea wouldn't challenge for the league with that squad. Mourinho is a top class manager and motivator who has been here before and knows exactly what it takes. I called Chelsea at the start of the season and I still do.

I am.
    Player for player City are a better team than Chelsea, especially up front.
    The only reason Chelsea are sitting pretty on top at the minute is because City have games in hand.
    City should win the EPL, if Chelsea win it'll be hilariously unexpected from me.

rob316 wrote: »
    Even with a blunt strike force, you are having a laugh if you think Chelsea wouldn't challenge for the league with that squad. Mourinho is a top class manager and motivator who has been here before and knows exactly what it takes. I called Chelsea at the start of the season and I still do.

I didn't say we won't challenge, I said I don't think we'll win it. The blunt strike force is the reason for that. If we do it, it'll be in spite of our poor attackers. I'm aware we have a fantastic squad but I just think it'll take lot to win the league when our forwards aren't chipping in enough.

We've a great keeper, defense, midfield, the best manager and if we had an Aguero or Saurez I'd make us favourites, but we don't, so we're not IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

I didn't say we won't challenge, I said I don't think we'll win it. The blunt strike force is the reason for that. If we do it, it'll be in spite of our poor attackers. I'm aware we have a fantastic squad but I just think it'll take lot to win the league when our forwards aren't chipping in enough.

We've a great keeper, defense, midfield, the best manager and if we had an Aguero or Saurez I'd make us favourites, but we don't, so we're not IMO.

That's fair enough. It's a long way though from being happy with top 4 like the other guy said

ronjo wrote: »
    That's fair enough. It's a long way though from being happy with top 4 like the other guy said

I've said I didn't think we would win the league. I've said I'd have taken a good showing and atop four spot. I never said aanything about not challenging, or do teams in the top four not mount a challenge these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Chelsea have a better defense and possibly midfield (when you look at the depth of options) than City. This no strikers talk is getting tiresome. For Chelseas poor attack read Citys lack of options at center back. Also have a manager who has been there and done that, which is a big advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

niallo24 wrote: »
    Chelsea have a better defense and possibly midfield (when you look at the depth of options) than City. This no strikers talk is getting tiresome. For Chelseas poor attack read Citys lack of options at center back. Also have a manager who has been there and done that, which is a big advantage.

torres ba oscar hazard lamps etoo willian lukaku (on loan) mata (just sold)

yea poor chelsea had no attacking options going into this season

• Advertisement

niallo24 wrote: »
    This no strikers talk is getting tiresome. For Chelseas poor attack read Citys lack of options at center back. Also have a manager who has been there and done that, which is a big advantage.

Well it's the truth, it might be tiresome, but it doesn't make it wrong. I think Citys squad is better, I'm not saying we're rubbish, just not the best because of our poor forwards. And yes, our manager is also the best, I highly doubt any Chelsea fan said otherwise, If we win it this year he'll have been the main difference.
    Paulegend wrote: »
    torres ba oscar hazard lamps etoo willian lukaku (on loan) mata (just sold)

yea poor chelsea had no attacking options going into this season

Who said we had no attacking options? And who put down Willian, Hazard, Lampard and Oscar? :confused: Mata and Lukaku don't play for us, so they're irrelevant. I said we've a quality midfield, those players are a part of that. If our midfield can keep doing the strikers work then yeah, we'll probably win the league, but that's just being unrealistic. It's very difficult to win the league with forwards who don't score.

I don't get why this is so difficult to understand.

Well it's the truth, it might be tiresome, but it doesn't make it wrong. I think Citys squad is better, I'm not saying we're rubbish, just not the best because of our poor forwards. And yes, our manager is also the best, I highly doubt any Chelsea fan said otherwise, If we win it this year he'll have been the main difference.

Who said we had no attacking options? And who put down Willian, Hazard, Lampard and Oscar? :confused: Mata and Lukaku don't play for us, so they're irrelevant. I said we've a quality midfield, those players are a part of that. If our midfield can keep doing the strikers work then yeah, we'll probably win the league, but that's just being unrealistic. It's very difficult to win the league with forwards who don't score.

I don't get why this is so difficult to understand.

ok so who decided that lukaku should go out on loan?

who sold mata?

fact is chelsea have more goal scoring midfielders than all the other title contenders

if ye needed a striker so badly there is only one man to blame for not bringing one in

chelsea where title favourites before the season began. more so than even city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well lukaku handed in transfer request and he was then loaned out instead.

Did Chelsea go for a striker at the beginning of the season?
    I can't remember..

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Paulegend wrote: »
    ok so who decided that lukaku should go out on loan?
    Lukaku requested it after missing a pen in the Super Cup.
    who sold mata?
    Mata was unable to get into the team so that's irrelevant as well.
    fact is chelsea have more goal scoring midfielders than all the other title contenders
    :confused: What does that have to do with the fact that the strikers aren't scoring goals?
    if ye needed a striker so badly there is only one man to blame for not bringing one in
    Mourinho brought in Eto'o.
    chelsea where title favourites before the season began. more so than even city
    No, they were joint favourites with City and United. http://www.betinf.com/prev_england.htm

Jose is not annoying or tiresome for Chelsea fans and the fact that he winds other people up doesn't make the blindest difference to the club or its fans either.

As it stands, Chelsea are not title favourites at 2/1. City are at 6/4. Even as a Chelsea fan, I would not be prepared to back Chelsea to win at this stage. It would be a poor reflection of this season if Chelsea were to go on to win from here. Liverpool and City have played the best football this year.

I've said I didn't think we would win the league. I've said I'd have taken a good showing and atop four spot. I never said aanything about not challenging, or do teams in the top four not mount a challenge these days?

How many times in the last 20 years has the team in 4th seriously challenged?

How many times in the last 20 years has the team in 4th seriously challenged?

Sigh, seem as you're trying to nit pick my words for me, I'll be pedantic here and point out that I didn't specify the 4th spot. I said "a place in the top four".
    A good showing in the league and a place in the top four would have been dandy for most at the start of the campaign.

That includes the 2nd and 3rd places which, over the past few years, have put in decent challenges for the top spot.

Sigh, seem as you're trying to nit pick my words for me, I'll be pedantic here and point out that I didn't specify the 4th spot. I said "a place in the top four".

That includes the 2nd and 3rd places which, over the past few years, have put in decent challenges for the top spot.

You can save your sighs and nit pick accusations because it wasn't what I was doing.

You can save your sighs and nit pick accusations because it wasn't what I was doing.

yeah, right.
    I think we're done here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Blatter wrote: »

Just listened to his post-Villa match interview with Pat Murphy on BBC radio there.

Great interviewer, Lambert really doesn't like him, Wolves chairman really doesn't like him, Mourinho didn't like it. He was probably pushing the emergency Crooks or Shreeves button :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

rob316 wrote: »
    Uggh mourinho was great crack in his first spell at chelsea now he is unbearable. League is rid of one classless manager in ferguson and is replaced by this guy.
    His insistence on playing down chelsea title chances is bordering on idiotic at this stage too,who does he think he is kidding.

Great manager no doubt but just zip it jose please.

How can you be so easily annoyed?
    Slight pick up in the breeze must really grind your gears!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

jose is an embarrassment. chelsea fans are trying to back up his antics saying that he is affecting them but the truth is that they arent as proud of the things he is saying this time around. he is just a disrespectful spoilt child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think Jose has played the game excellent to be honest.

Everyone is talking about him and his antics and there is hardly a mention of the Ramires tackle.

Any other game and people would be harping on about that tackle for a few days after the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Everyone is talking about him and his antics and there is hardly a mention of the Ramires tackle.

I can't believe it continues to work ... the media just keep falling for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

RayCon wrote: »

I was talking in work yesterday and when everyone was talking about him being on the pitch and the ref.

I asked about the tackle and out of 4 people only 1 remembered the tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we win the league its only going to get better, hes going to say the best team didnt win it and this palce is going to go into meltdown, I really cant wait, thats if it happens.

If we win the league its only going to get better, hes going to say the best team didnt win it and this palce is going to go into meltdown, I really cant wait, thats if it happens.

And he'd be right!
    Gwan José!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mind games I don't mind. Deflecting issues, grand. Insulting managers, not mad about that. All these things could be put down to him just being a troll, but... the gouge. That's when it changed the game a bit.

Of course, that's nothing to do with his current term as a Chelsea manager, but it's always gonna be in people's minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

If I hear his voice now I just change the channel, is the only way because he is not going to change the record anytime soon is he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Any other game and people would be harping on about that tackle for a few days after the incident.
    RayCon wrote: »

There's been plenty of talk about how bad the tackle was? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Real Madrid can't believe their luck this season, a manager every bit as good as Mourinho but absolutely none of the antics, the BS, the controversy....and they are top of the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ancelotti's a class act in fairness.

cson wrote: »
    Ancelotti's a class act in fairness.

+1

Of all the top elder managers he is my favourite. Mourinho was a disgrace at Madrid. The media, the players, the club all saw through his antics.

20 quid your way if he says that!

I'd imagine he'd say the complete opposite tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I think he'd definitely say that the best team didnt win if Chelsea do win the league, its a fact that Chelsea arent the best team and thats what hes been saying all along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I think Jose has played the game excellent to be honest.

That old chestnut, Jose is a media whore and loves the attention. It has nothing to do with keeping the press away from his players.

Jose is like a 25 year old woman who acts like a 15 year old - it's cute when their 15 not so much at 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think he'd definitely say that the best team didnt win if Chelsea do win the league, its a fact that Chelsea arent the best team and thats what hes been saying all along

Whoever wins the league over 38 games is the best team, may not be the nicest to watch or most exciting but are by definition the best team of the season surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Whoever wins the league over 38 games is the best team, may not be the nicest to watch or most exciting but are by definition the best team of the season surely.

Maybe so.

Its extremely tight between 4 teams so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

KingdomYid wrote: »

Not really. Injuries, luck, fixture order, opposition game style/form, individual brilliance/incompetence can all play a part. The best team doesn't always win the league. The best team is the team that when played against against each other team in the league ten times in ideal conditions will win the highest proportion of matches. (Spherical teams in the vacuum, if you will. :))

• Advertisement
Advertisement