Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Jose going too far?

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

The main reason people have a problem with Jose:

HES SUCCESSFUL :D

Nobody would care if he wasn't!

What about the successful people who aren't complete prats? Do people have the same problems with Guardiola? With Klopp? With Ancelotti?

I think your supposed "main reason" is actually nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's definitely the things he does. Alan Pardew get's it in the neck for all his bull**** too, he's hardly "successful". And as has been said, other great managers don't get this negative attention.

No, it's definitely the things he does! Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Chelsea aren't patient with managers and Mourinho doesn't have a record of hanging around clubs long. He's been sacked once before by Chelsea, I see no reason to doubt history could repeat itself, or for the abundance of optimism to the contrary

He's on a four year contract, it wouldn't surprise me to see him see out all four. With regards to him not hanging around too long in the past, it probably works in Chelsea's favour.

I highly doubt he'd go back to Madrid, he'd never get the Barcelona job and he'd never go back to Italy. That leaves Germany (and England) as the only realistic league he could go to and I can't imagine Bayern would have him due to how they like to be perceived as a club. With regards to England, he'd only go to City or United but would he leave London for Manchester? I'm skeptical! I can see him taking the Portuguese national team job down the line but not any time soon. Madrid aren't patient with managers either but he did 3 years there, I can see him being at Chelsea for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

jive wrote: »
    He's on a four year contract, it wouldn't surprise me to see him see out all four. With regards to him not hanging around too long in the past, it probably works in Chelsea's favour.

I highly doubt he'd go back to Madrid, he'd never get the Barcelona job and he'd never go back to Italy. That leaves Germany (and England) as the only realistic league he could go to and I can't imagine Bayern would have him due to how they like to be perceived as a club. With regards to England, he'd only go to City or United but would he leave London for Manchester? I'm skeptical! I can see him taking the Portuguese national team job down the line but not any time soon. Madrid aren't patient with managers either but he did 3 years there, I can see him being at Chelsea for a while yet.

He did say though that he would not rule out a return to Inter in the future.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/news/mourinho-not-against-inter-return_141348.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

He did say though that he would not rule out a return to Inter in the future.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/news/mourinho-not-against-inter-return_141348.html

They have regressed so much since he's left I doubt that they are in a position to get him back. Maybe in a few years but not any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LiamoSail wrote: »
    For someone who's success at Porto, Inter and to a lesser extent Chelsea was unprecedented, the last few years have been far leaner.

Sacked by Real after just one league title in a three year stint, if he were to finish up empty handed this season, I'd imagine the pressure would be on him next year. Chelsea aren't a club renowned for giving managers time and with the budget and squad he has at his disposal, not to win the league would be a failure, particularly for someone who had been so successful.

That said, this season is far from over and I'd be reluctant to bet against Chelsea for either the CL or league

Meh. One League Title; One Spanish Cup; Two squeaky Semi Final exits in the CL; 72% win percentage;

That people will say 'he got found out there' with a straight face while he achieved the above managing against the tailend of the greatest club side of all time to date is a testament to how bloody high he has set the bar for himself.

Remember, one more CL puts him out on his own in that regard. The pressure will always be on at Chelsea under RA just as it will always be on at Real Madrid. It's that pressure that makes those places so successful. If they won the league and CL somehow this year the pressure to win one or the other again next year would still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You're wrong because: Neil Warnock.

Advertisement