Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's write an awful pop song!

Options
  • 18-02-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

Surely it's not that difficult for the people of boards to write and produce a trashy chart topping pop song? I'm smashed at the moment and could really do with the money.

All you need to do is arrange these terms which are generally found in every generic pop song. You're welcome to add your own too but let's start off with some:

"On the floor tonight"
    "Baby I feel your body next to mine"
    " baby tonight you'll be mine"
    "We'll be together as one"
    "Dj turn it up"
    "Feel your body next to mine.....on the floor tonight"
    "This night is my night"
    "We can't get any higher"
    "Tonight babe" - (handy one)

Ok there's only 9 there cos I'm lazy. That's a start though.

Can I have some money now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

This is not going to work unless your Simon Cowell or whoever has most authority in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

karaokeman wrote: »
    This is not going to work unless your Simon Cowell or whoever has most authority in the business.

Yes I am simon cowell.

I'm just a bit smashed after having a new baby

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

"On the floor tonight" - Baby I want to see your face on the floor tonight to tell you something
    "Baby I feel your body next to mine" - You know sometimes baby I feel your body next to mine
    " baby tonight you'll be mine" - But that doesn't mean baby tonight you'll be mine
    "We'll be together as one" - I don't believe we'll be together as one
    "Dj turn it up" - Dj turn it up because I'm dumpin' my partner over the sound of Rihanna
    "Feel your body next to mine.....on the floor tonight" - I want to feel this other person's body next to mine while I'm here on the floor tonight
    "This night is my night" - So this night is my night and not yours
    "We can't get any higher" - You may think you are high but you're not
    "Tonight babe" - (handy one) - Because tonight babe I'm leavin' you for this other person so tough luck on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I can throw in some autotuned farts. We can create the song around them so that it's like a novelty tune or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

LoganRice wrote: »
    "On the floor tonight" - Baby I want to see your face on the floor tonight to tell you something
    "Baby I feel your body next to mine" - You know sometimes baby I feel your body next to mine
    " baby tonight you'll be mine" - But that doesn't mean baby tonight you'll be mine
    "We'll be together as one" - I don't believe we'll be together as one
    "Dj turn it up" - Dj turn it up because I'm dumpin' my partner over the sound of Rihanna
    "Feel your body next to mine.....on the floor tonight" - I want to feel this other person's body next to mine while I'm here on the floor tonight
    "This night is my night" - So this night is my night and not yours
    "We can't get any higher" - You may think you are high but you're not
    "Tonight babe" - (handy one) - Because tonight babe I'm leavin' you for this other person so tough luck on you

I'm feeling this is a kind of duet style loganrice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Yes and it will be a dirty skanking success no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I know of an old obscure tune we can use ..its by Nin Huguen and the Huguenotes..never be sussed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

notnumber wrote: »
    I know of an old obscure tune we can use ..its by Nin Huguen and the Huguenotes..never be sussed!

Their story is a terribly sad story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

notnumber wrote: »

They're much more famous than I thought. I was in a lift the other day, their music was being piped in there and I heard someone whistling it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

They're much more famous than I thought. I was in a lift the other day, their music was being piped in there and I heard someone whistling it!

Right so back to Plan B..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Most rubbish pop songs I hear these days start with "JASOOOON DERULO" or "Mr International, yeah, it's Pitbull worldwide"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Most rubbish pop songs I hear these days start with "JASOOOON DERULO" or "Mr International, yeah, it's Pitbull worldwide"

and let's not forget "RED ONE!"

Advertisement