Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire front/door

• 18-02-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, we are thinking of getting a Yola fire front (we have a back boiler so it suits our needs).

It's a good bit pricier than other doors (approx 700euro including installation) but they can fit to an existing arched fireplace (using some sort of panel).

They also claim that the convection chamber on this door sets it apart from other doors in that it sends more heat into the room.

So.. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with these Yola fire fronts? Any advice appreciated.

p.s. I've already searched this forum but noticed that a lot of the posts are from people who only have a handful of posts.. all about Yola .. making me a little dubious ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057036228 good thread here I put up last year as I was thinking about getting one in myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

Thanks RubyGirl, yup I had seen that thread, but noticed that all the good feedback on the yola stoves came from people who had only ever posted about yola, so wasn't sure if that was their marketing dept in action ;)

Did you end up getting one yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Thanks RubyGirl, yup I had seen that thread, but noticed that all the good feedback on the yola stoves came from people who had only ever posted about yola, so wasn't sure if that was their marketing dept in action ;)

Did you end up getting one yourself?

No the door was not suitable for mine as I have stone on the fireplace so going to take the plunge during the summer and put in a boiler insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aust82

Hi, we are thinking of getting a Yola fire front (we have a back boiler so it suits our needs).

It's a good bit pricier than other doors (approx 700euro including installation) but they can fit to an existing arched fireplace (using some sort of panel).

They also claim that the convection chamber on this door sets it apart from other doors in that it sends more heat into the room.

So.. I'm wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with these Yola fire fronts? Any advice appreciated.

p.s. I've already searched this forum but noticed that a lot of the posts are from people who only have a handful of posts.. all about Yola .. making me a little dubious ;)

Hi im wondering did you get the fire door? Did it fit in ok? Am thinking about getting 1 as the house i bought has a new fire place about 5 years old all the marble is proper with expansion joints. Thanks for any feed back :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

hi Aust 82, yes we did and yup it did fit. We have an arched fireplace so had to get an extra plate fitted. Total cost was 780 including fitting if I remember correctly.

It's very neat and looks great but I can't really comment on heat output until we start lighting it properly during the Winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 aust82

hi Aust 82, yes we did and yup it did fit. We have an arched fireplace so had to get an extra plate fitted. Total cost was 780 including fitting if I remember correctly.

It's very neat and looks great but I can't really comment on heat output until we start lighting it properly during the Winter :)

Hope it has good output for you. Im still between mind or stove or fire door. Thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭serious

Did you get one youself. Am curious myself if it is worth it

Advertisement