Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre

Options
  • 18-02-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just want to see if there is any update to eFibre availability at my address. Arklow is fibre enabled since last summer however my estate is lagging behind even though cabinets have been installed for the guts of a year.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi

Just want to see if there is any update to eFibre availability at my address. Arklow is fibre enabled since last summer however my estate is lagging behind even though cabinets have been installed for the guts of a year.

Thanks
    Hey TechnoFreek

PM me your address/landline number and I'll look in to this for you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Pm sent

Pm sent

Bump

Pm sent

Bump
    Hi TechnoFreek

Just got back to you by PM there.

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan. Replied to your pm there

• Advertisement

Hi Alan. Replied to your pm there
    Hi TechnoFreek

Thanks for that, just got back to you there

Al

Hey guys ,

Just want to check if or when fibre will be available for my house.

The web checker is showing as not available but in a fibre area however my next door neighbours gets the same message however they did manage to get fibre.

An engineer was in in my estate recently an hesaid to me that my house is actually enabled but there is an issue with it not showing that way to the sales reps.

I rang a sales rep who did agree that something odd was going on and that they would investigate and get back to me. Needless to say they never got back to me.

Can you please investigate my status in light of this information. Thanks

Hey guys ,

The web checker is showing as not available but in a fibre area however my next door neighbours gets the same message however they did manage to get fibre.

An engineer was in in my estate recently an hesaid to me that my house is actually enabled but there is an issue with it not showing that way to the sales reps.

I rang a sales rep who did agree that something odd was going on and that they would investigate and get back to me. Needless to say they never got back to me.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi TechnoFreek

That does seem quite odd, I'll look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have some clarification.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

Hey guys ,

Hi TechnoFreek

That does seem quite odd, I'll look in to this and get back to you as soon as I have some clarification.

Thanks
    Al
    Wonder if i'm in the same boat - I get "eFibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled." when i check online or a sales rep checks for me. Cabinet was installed over a year ago at the end of our road and even the last eircom technican that was fixing a line fault outside my house told me to ring sales for fibre but when i did i was told it wasn't available. Also when i check the cabinet at the end of my road on the eircom wholesale site it's marked live for the last year. Seems strange to have a cabinet live and nobody connected to it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

damienirel wrote: »
    Hey guys ,

Hi TechnoFreek

Thanks
    Al
    Wonder if i'm in the same boat - I get "eFibre is available in your area but your address is not yet enabled." when i check online or a sales rep checks for me. Cabinet was installed over a year ago at the end of our road and even the last eircom technican that was fixing a line fault outside my house told me to ring sales for fibre but when i did i was told it wasn't available. Also when i check the cabinet at the end of my road on the eircom wholesale site it's marked live for the last year. Seems strange to have a cabinet live and nobody connected to it???
    Hi damienirel

Feel free to PM me the Phone no. or exact address and I will see if I can shine any light on this,

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement

Any update on this Alan? Thanks

Bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Are you still waiting for the efibre tecnofreak?

Its been nearly 6 months!!

Why do Eircom always over shoot launch dates?

Why can't they just tell the truth and tell people they have no idea when products are going to be launched!

People are sick of them and their lies

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Are you still waiting for the efibre tecnofreak?

Its been nearly 6 months!!

Why do Eircom always over shoot launch dates?

Why can't they just tell the truth and tell people they have no idea when products are going to be launched!

People are sick of them and their lies

Still awaiting. :-(

Another day, another bump.

Another day, another bump.

Hi TechnoFreek

I understand there has been not much clarification on this for you and I'm sorry that this remains the position. The most up to date information I can offer you is that efibre remains unavailable to your line as your line is not currently served by the fibre (VDSL) cabinet.

I have been advised by efibre operations that not all lines will be connected and this is why eircom cannot guarantee efibre broadband. I have asked efibre operation to look in to connecting your line and they have advised me that while this is not possible at present they will update me when this will be possible. I did also ask for reasons behind this position however they have informed me that they will be unable to offer or discuss operational reasons for you line not qualifying at present.

As soon as I have further information I will let you know, I do have an internal case for this and I will continue to follow up although at this moment I cannot offer a timeframe I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al

Hi eircom mods.

Can you please update on fibre availability. Given the length of time fibre has been live in Arklow and how long the cabinets have been installed in my estate there must be some sense of an availability date.

Please advise

Bump

Bump

Another bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Bump

Another bump.
    Hi TechnoFreek
    we have asked for this information, unfortunately we do not have information on this cabinet at this stage. As soon as we have information on this we will post.
    Tony 

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update Tony.

The cabinets have been installed for a long time without being enabled.

Arklow town itself has been live for a considerable period too.

Surely at this stage the whole town should be live?

Is there an overall expected completion date for the town.

Thanks for the update Tony.

The cabinets have been installed for a long time without being enabled.

Arklow town itself has been live for a considerable period too.

Surely at this stage the whole town should be live?

Is there an overall expected completion date for the town.
    Hi TechnoFreek

There is no over all expected completion date, plans are made as per & on the basis of the commissioning and activation of efibre cabinets - some will have agreed expected ennoblement dates and some cabinets will remain without an scheduled date until agreed.

Here's a map will will offer a lot more insight : http://bit.ly/1wZSs2u (Click on NGA fibre network)

Thanks
    Al

Eircom mods,

Can you please update me on availability in my estate. The fibre rollout site shows both cabinets in my estate as being live.

Yet if I put my phone number into the line checker or says it's not available.

I believe that my next door neighbours have fibre.

Please advise

Bump

Bump
    Hi TechnoFreek

I'm sorry to confirm that eircom will be unable to offer you efibre broadband as your line (and many other lines in your housing estate) is not cabled via the local VDSL (efibre) cabinet.

I've discussed this with operations and requested the reasons for this however they have advised me that they will be unable to offer me the detailed infrastructural reasoning to support this operational decision.

I really do wish I could have offered you better news as I know that you have been eager to avail of efibre.

The only good news I can offer you is that plans to increase the cabinets capacity are being looked at and we should have more news on this towards the end of 2015.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement