Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to estimate costs of employees

Options
  • 18-02-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi.

I am trying to work out the cost of employees for my business plan. Aside from wages and employers PRSI, are there any other "hidden" costs that need to be included?

I have read in a previous post here that the cost of an employee is approx 20% of their salary, so I have included this in my business plan, but I'm wondering if I can break it down even more, so I can have a proper answer if asekd about the figure, rather than just saying I heard a good rule of thumb is to multiply the salary by 1.2!

Do part/full time employees have to get paid holidays? The business would be retail, small cafe, so I'm not sure what exactly is applicable.

Thanks in advance,
    K

Comments

Advertisement