Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usb socket on WDLive box?

• 18-02-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭

Only recently set-up my newly acquired WDLive box and am having good fun with. Could anyone explain to me the use I can make of the usb socket on the front of the box? Is it for input or output? TMULL

Comments

If you have lost your manual you can download it on the WD website.
    http://www.wdc.com/en/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

tmull wrote: »
    Only recently set-up my newly acquired WDLive box and am having good fun with. Could anyone explain to me the use I can make of the usb socket on the front of the box? Is it for input or output? TMULL

It's for connecting usb hdd's or thumbdrives to play local media. You can also connect usb keyboard/mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Op i have 2 of these hooked wireless to mybooklive 4tb drive its savage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Or you can connect a camera and copy photos or videos across.

I also use mine for connecting a HDD when I'm making back ups if my MyBook Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

ive got one of these and its playin up. bought it 2nd hand and it just wont stay on or read my hard drive. got the latest firmware on it. tried resetting it pluggin it in and out and all that but nothin. any ideas anyone???

• Advertisement

Does it stay on with no hdd attached?

yeah it does and but dont think its a harddrive problem same issue with a usb stick

yeah it does and but dont think its a harddrive problem same issue with a usb stick

If you could get your hands on a powered usb hub and try connecting via it to see if you still have the problem. Might be a dodgy usb port or some sort of power/mainboard issue with the WDTV live.

i get the problem with both usb ports on it and with my hatd drive and a measley 8gb pen drive so i reckon its the media player itself. as i said i bought it 2nd hand so its my own tough luck. wouldnt mind it worked great for the first few days

Advertisement